rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Decoding Female Psychology: Pinterest.com

One of my employees as doing some social advertising research for my business a few days ago and this site http://www.pinterest.com showed up. I was thinking this concept makes no sense, but sure enough it has over 7m unique monthly users and had almost none a year ago. They are all females (and a few gay guys.)

[Image: pinterest.jpg]

Quote: (02-06-2012 05:57 PM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

One of my employees as doing some social advertising research for my business a few days ago and this site pinterest.com showed up. I was thinking this concept makes no sense, but sure enough it has over 7m unique monthly users and had almost none a year ago. They are all females (and a few gay guys.)

[Image: pinterest.jpg]

It's like a scrapbook meets and online wishlist. Hoarding meets shopaholism - of course the girls love it!

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Haha, this takes all the worst aspects of Facebook and puts it on one page. Here's a screenshot I took, with some notations:

[Image: attachment.jpg4553]   

I wonder if this will succeed. I feel like women need to have an a captive audience to listen to their BS. Here the competition for attention is so blatant, their voice spread so thin, they might find it unsatisfying.

On the flipside, this site has massive trolling potential. It'd be funny to see this website fail after it gets trolled hard by antifeminists and the like.

Haha great pic basil.

Alas, I think successfully trolling that site would take more manpower than we could muster.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (02-06-2012 07:06 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Haha great pic basil.

Alas, I think successfully trolling that site would take more manpower than we could muster.

Yeah, it's like the site is built to thwart trolling - the page changes entirely every refresh, seems like. You'd need a lot of people to have an effect.

Also noticed there are no BBW 'Real Beauty' girls pictured. Because even women don't actually want to look at them, except when they're shaming men about liking thin girls.

Yeah, too big to troll. To put it in to perspective, only 205 websites in the US are bigger than it. The genius who built this could sell it for $100m tomorrow, as it is now. Anyways, this is a true representation of American female psychology, not just the nutty feminists that read some niche blog or whatever.

[Image: pinterest_traffic.jpg]

Here's a master breakdown of what shows up on that site:

[Image: 98797785545200609_Aj9Qffu7_c.jpg]

Food bitches dream about making, but are too lazy to.

[Image: 45669383691120141_6ixf8vdF_c.jpg]

Junk food that bitches actually eat. Store bought, not homemade, of course.

[Image: 111182684520544523_QtyVocfo_c.jpg]

Models in stylish clothes. (That they'd never fit into).

[Image: 55732114108535103_YvjxgM9G_c.jpg]

The frumpy crap they actually wear.

[Image: 161425967863391864_cQWeohpr_c.jpg]

Bagging Men Out Of Their League, Part I

[Image: 252834966550023195_OTks9TYc_f.jpg]

Bagging Men Out Of Their League, Part II

[Image: 124412008425917470_dJd1M8We_f.jpg]

'Empowerment Part I: Be All That You Can Be - Self-Absorbed!

[Image: 132434045262200969_f6lChEjF_c.jpg]

Empowerment Part II: "I'm a Ho and I Know It"

We could probably get a study published in an academic journal with this shit, anyone at a PhD level here?

It seems to combine Facebook and Tumblr into one hyper-ADD space.

I found this picture when I visited:

[Image: 21744010670758500_hYRizaia_f.jpg]

Yeah, then show her this picture:

[Image: slide4.jpg]

Great idea and amazing growth. Wish I could have thought of something like this first...

Is the homepage just randomly populated with whtever other users post?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (02-07-2012 10:53 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

It seems to combine Facebook and Tumblr into one hyper-ADD space.

I found this picture when I visited:

[Image: 21744010670758500_hYRizaia_f.jpg]

Yeah, then show her this picture:

[Image: slide4.jpg]

Men have forums, women have pinterest.

You asked for it...

[Image: lol.gif]

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I can't believe that dude is actually creepin on that chick

When your son asks you if he should get married to his American girlfriend, show him this picture:

[Image: attachment.jpg4584]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Pintrest is like a giant female lab; its awesome to just look at and read the contradictions and hamster wheeling. I troll like a maniac and love it because there are no dudes and so no white knighting; just sticking out like a sore thumb.

For example, I bombed a big ol "I love 'the notebook'" clip with "yeah...gotta love a movie where the leading woman cheats on her fiance with her high school boyfriend and no one calls her a slut. If there's a Team Lon. I'm on it."

Occupy Pintrest.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Just did a little research. Made by two dudes (of course).

Massive props to both of them, the sites worth millions and just keeps growing! xD

Damn image host deleted my original pic. Oh well.

Here is an article that popped up on hacker news, offering a female perspective on pinterest -- http://persephonemagazine.com/2012/02/my...liking-it/

Guys think of things in logical steps. If I do X, I get Y. If I fail to A, then I lose B. Women are materialistic. They spend all day thinking about dressing themselves in shiny objects in order to get more attention than anyone else in the room. Pinterest exposes their thought patterns because for the first time its all clumped together publicly for males to see. It certainly changed my views on things..

By the way, feel free to post more ironic pics in this thread!

There's the "in the same style for cheaper" hunters. Sure, pin that $1200 jacket. Next time you go to Forever 21 or H&M, you'll see a $35 knock off version of the same thing.

But the smartest thing I've seen a girl do this year is take an adult evening class on how to use a sewing machine and read store patterns (which are written in frickin hieroglyphics that need to be explained in person the first time you follow them.)

Once they make a few skirts, tops, and dresses of their own and learn how to add a zipper, suddenly the shopping hamster calms down. They don't have to waste time jumping on when the newest fashions come out before their size sells out. They don't waste money on shit that sits in their closet with the tags still on them. They do constantly fiddle with their already existing clothes, adding trims, changing ribbons, keeping them up to date.

Of course, those crafty girls do mark on pinterest outfits they like. But they may only look for a similar fabric, or pick up a similar pattern from the store, or otherwise steal just an element or two from each picture when they go to make their next piece. They gather up a constellation of pictures they like, combine bits and pieces from each, and the thing they finally sew will be current, inspired by several pictures, but also unique.

If they pick up a used $70 sewing machine off of craigslist and take a class, they can start making crafted, custom fitted clothes after building up their skills a bit. The next step up is a serger which gives them a lot of speed. And the final stage is making their own custom bras and swimsuits, which needs a expensive dedicated single stitch machine.

Maybe Roosh should add "sewing her own dress" to "make a home cooked meal" for essential skills for women. There's tons of videos on youtube already explaining how, so there's certainly quite a few already out there that already figured it out in the crafty set.

[Image: Sewing-Class.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Same shit as tumblr, dumb bitches trying to outdo each other about who's the cutest and quirkiest.

Quote: (02-07-2012 10:12 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

Pintrest is like a giant female lab; its awesome to just look at and read the contradictions and hamster wheeling. I troll like a maniac and love it because there are no dudes and so no white knighting; just sticking out like a sore thumb.

For example, I bombed a big ol "I love 'the notebook'" clip with "yeah...gotta love a movie where the leading woman cheats on her fiance with her high school boyfriend and no one calls her a slut. If there's a Team Lon. I'm on it."

Occupy Pintrest.

I've never looked at Notebook that way before. Thanks.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Does pinterest have any marketing value? I made an account a few days ago but don't really know how to use it.

Can anyone give me quick explanation how to work it in my advance?. I want to promote my book on it. Please explain as simple as possible aka push this button,do this then push this button.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

UUfff...Those photos of the Cute girl into Elephant...disturbing.

Quote: (06-20-2012 02:07 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Does pinterest have any marketing value? I made an account a few days ago but don't really know how to use it.

Can anyone give me quick explanation how to work it in my advance?. I want to promote my book on it. Please explain as simple as possible aka push this button,do this then push this button.

Probably not your target demographic for your book, I wouldn't bother with it and focus more on outlets that have more guys. For example Tumblr.

Quote: (06-20-2012 02:32 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2012 02:07 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Probably not your target demographic for your book, I wouldn't bother with it and focus more on outlets that have more guys. For example Tumblr.

Yep, i thought about it but girls are also major readers and book buyers. It's probably also good to stir up some drama and get some publicity.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.