rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x


McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers
#1

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote:Quote:

McDonald's announced last week that, as of last August, is has stopped using ammonium hydroxide in the production of its hamburgers. MSNBC reports that the chemical, used in fertilizers, household cleaners and even homemade explosives, was also used to prepare McDonalds' hamburger meat.

And while the announcement is making headlines, you may (or may not) want to know about some other unusual chemicals being used in the production of some of our most-popular foods:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/mcd...09662.html

How much are you eating that is actually food?
Reply
#2

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Good reason to stay away from all low quality meat. When I eat meat it's always organic / free-range, etc. Not out of concern for the environment but for my own health.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat
Reply
#3

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Doesn't surprise me to hear of how many insane chemicals they're pumping into their products. Remember the Taco Bell scandal a few month ago, where it came out that less than 40% of their "beef" was actually meat?

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.
Reply
#4

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Remember the film 'supersize me' where their fries had the same shelf life as a hardback novel? Anyway, you know the score.
Western hemisphere has great technology and great infrastructure.
Our food? Not fit to be served to a dog.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
Reply
#5

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Kinda makes you want to never eat a burger or taco from a fast food joint ever again.
Reply
#6

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-01-2012 03:13 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Remember the film 'supersize me' where their fries had the same shelf life as a hardback novel? Anyway, you know the score.
Western hemisphere has great technology and great infrastructure.
Our food? Not fit to be served to a dog.

Most housepets I know won't eat fast food if offered it, and very few dogs or cats I've seen will eat hamburger. Disturbing.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.
Reply
#7

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Speaking as a member of the service industry, the lowest grade of meat that YOU know of, is still a few points higher then the meat fast foods uses.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men
Reply
#8

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-01-2012 02:48 PM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

McDonald's announced last week that, as of last August, is has stopped using ammonium hydroxide in the production of its hamburgers. MSNBC reports that the chemical, used in fertilizers, household cleaners and even homemade explosives, was also used to prepare McDonalds' hamburger meat.

And while the announcement is making headlines, you may (or may not) want to know about some other unusual chemicals being used in the production of some of our most-popular foods:
l

How much are you eating that is actually food?

lol, I feel bad for eating their horrible shit now
Reply
#9

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-01-2012 04:07 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Speaking as a member of the service industry, the lowest grade of meat that YOU know of, is still a few points higher then the meat fast foods uses.

Is this true of independent places too? These huge chains can spend millions researching chemicals to reduce costs by fractions of a cent by fiddling with chemicals, but I figure your local joint uses regular ingredients.

I went my first 20 years or so without ever eating fast food, and now I hardly have the taste for it. The only burger that gets my approval is Fatburger. Even In-N-Out just tastes like a gussied up McDonald's patty.
Reply
#10

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

I love the TGI Fridays Jack Daniels burger. There was a franchise in Riga and I went every week. It was my first good burger in one year.

[Image: 795_jack%20daniels%20burger.jpg]
Reply
#11

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-01-2012 04:16 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2012 04:07 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Speaking as a member of the service industry, the lowest grade of meat that YOU know of, is still a few points higher then the meat fast foods uses.

Is this true of independent places too? These huge chains can spend millions researching chemicals to reduce costs by fractions of a cent by fiddling with chemicals, but I figure your local joint uses regular ingredients.

I went my first 20 years or so without ever eating fast food, and now I hardly have the taste for it. The only burger that gets my approval is Fatburger. Even In-N-Out just tastes like a gussied up McDonald's patty.

I don't know how it is in the US. In the UK many independent kebab places would use this disgusting meat that's made of scraps and then compressed into a sort of sausage. A friend of mine saw a place where they make that stuff and they were literally sweeping scraps off the floor to include in it.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat
Reply
#12

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-01-2012 04:16 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2012 04:07 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Speaking as a member of the service industry, the lowest grade of meat that YOU know of, is still a few points higher then the meat fast foods uses.

Is this true of independent places too? These huge chains can spend millions researching chemicals to reduce costs by fractions of a cent by fiddling with chemicals, but I figure your local joint uses regular ingredients.

I went my first 20 years or so without ever eating fast food, and now I hardly have the taste for it. The only burger that gets my approval is Fatburger. Even In-N-Out just tastes like a gussied up McDonald's patty.

Fatburger is the shit. Straight-up.

As for the OP: As long as we allow fail to sufficiently regulate the profit motive in the food industry, this kind of shit--and worse--will continue to happen.





Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
Reply
#13

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-01-2012 07:25 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2012 04:16 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2012 04:07 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Speaking as a member of the service industry, the lowest grade of meat that YOU know of, is still a few points higher then the meat fast foods uses.

Is this true of independent places too? These huge chains can spend millions researching chemicals to reduce costs by fractions of a cent by fiddling with chemicals, but I figure your local joint uses regular ingredients.

I went my first 20 years or so without ever eating fast food, and now I hardly have the taste for it. The only burger that gets my approval is Fatburger. Even In-N-Out just tastes like a gussied up McDonald's patty.

Fatburger is the shit. Straight-up.

As for the OP: As long as we allow fail to sufficiently regulate the profit motive in the food industry, this kind of shit--and worse--will continue to happen.




Looks like my theory was wrong - the independent restaurants are supplied by shady operators who will definitely cut corners. And if the customers can't tell, the restaurants won't mind giving it to them.

The problem is that people don't know what they're eating and how it's been processed. And they're too busy to research how every product they buy is made. If the industry were forced to disclose their practices, people would boycott this crap. But industry lobbying ensures they'll never have to disclose this sort of thing.

I used to eat quadruple Kings - 2 lb burgers - at Fatburger regularly, when I lived near one. Required more fortitude than a heavy set of squats. If someone tells me they prefer In-N-Out to Fatburger, I hear a voice in my head saying, "never trust this person's opinion on anything." My favorite Fatburger spot got name-checked in a Bret Easton Ellis novel.
Reply
#14

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

http://www.alphaila.com/articles/failure...s-reality/

[Image: scaled.php?server=100&filename=0820burge...res=medium]
Reply
#15

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

McDonalds is actually not bad in all countries. Here in France, McDonalds is actually enjoyable and tastes like real meat because of the strict laws with using chemicals in processing and growing food. America and I am assuming other countries in the world just passively decide to not care about what they put in their body.
Reply
#16

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:49 AM)chairman Wrote:  

McDonalds is actually not bad in all countries. Here in France, McDonalds is actually enjoyable and tastes like real meat because of the strict laws with using chemicals in processing and growing food. America and I am assuming other countries in the world just passively decide to not care about what they put in their body.

Is it true that you get mayonnaise with your French Fries in France? Last time I was there, they served beer in Mcdonalds.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
Reply
#17

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:52 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:49 AM)chairman Wrote:  

McDonalds is actually not bad in all countries. Here in France, McDonalds is actually enjoyable and tastes like real meat because of the strict laws with using chemicals in processing and growing food. America and I am assuming other countries in the world just passively decide to not care about what they put in their body.

Is it true that you get mayonnaise with your French Fries in France? Last time I was there, they served beer in Mcdonalds.

No you get what is called "Pommes frites sauce" which is kind of like mayo but with other underlying tastes (maybe some mustard?). It definitely beats ketchup.
Reply
#18

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:01 AM)chairman Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:52 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:49 AM)chairman Wrote:  

McDonalds is actually not bad in all countries. Here in France, McDonalds is actually enjoyable and tastes like real meat because of the strict laws with using chemicals in processing and growing food. America and I am assuming other countries in the world just passively decide to not care about what they put in their body.

Is it true that you get mayonnaise with your French Fries in France? Last time I was there, they served beer in Mcdonalds.

No you get what is called "Pommes frites sauce" which is kind of like mayo but with other underlying tastes (maybe some mustard?). It definitely beats ketchup.

When I do go to Mcdonalds (which averages out at once every 5 years), I prefer ketchup on my fries. But thanks for the info, mon ami. Quel part de France vous habitez?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
Reply
#19

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:07 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:01 AM)chairman Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:52 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:49 AM)chairman Wrote:  

McDonalds is actually not bad in all countries. Here in France, McDonalds is actually enjoyable and tastes like real meat because of the strict laws with using chemicals in processing and growing food. America and I am assuming other countries in the world just passively decide to not care about what they put in their body.

Is it true that you get mayonnaise with your French Fries in France? Last time I was there, they served beer in Mcdonalds.

No you get what is called "Pommes frites sauce" which is kind of like mayo but with other underlying tastes (maybe some mustard?). It definitely beats ketchup.

When I do go to Mcdonalds (which averages out at once every 5 years), I prefer ketchup on my fries. But thanks for the info, mon ami. Quel part de France vous habitez?

Nice Côte d'Azur
Reply
#20

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:07 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:01 AM)chairman Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:52 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:49 AM)chairman Wrote:  

McDonalds is actually not bad in all countries. Here in France, McDonalds is actually enjoyable and tastes like real meat because of the strict laws with using chemicals in processing and growing food. America and I am assuming other countries in the world just passively decide to not care about what they put in their body.

Is it true that you get mayonnaise with your French Fries in France? Last time I was there, they served beer in Mcdonalds.

No you get what is called "Pommes frites sauce" which is kind of like mayo but with other underlying tastes (maybe some mustard?). It definitely beats ketchup.

When I do go to Mcdonalds (which averages out at once every 5 years), I prefer ketchup on my fries. But thanks for the info, mon ami. Quel part de France vous habitez?
Mcdonalds has the best Ketchup in the world and also fountain soda. Both mixed up specifically for them. I went in Greece once and the food was the same as the states except they refused to put ice in my coke. I insisted they fill the whole cup with ice and pour coke in it. The girls working there cringed and watched me drink it and crunch the cubes in my teeth. They think ice will constrict your throat in Greece and you have to fight for every cube
Reply
#21

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Mechanico, I find that the formula in each country differs slightly. Did you find the fountain soda in Greece to taste different?

When I went to the coca cola factory in Atlanta, I found the coca cola in each country to differ (they had samples). Europe wasn't as sweet, U.S was quite sweet and Latin America was super sweet. It was quite addictive.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
Reply
#22

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:30 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Mechanico, I find that the formula in each country differs slightly. Did you find the fountain soda in Greece to taste different?

When I went to the coca cola factory in Atlanta, I found the coca cola in each country to differ (they had samples). Europe wasn't as sweet, U.S was quite sweet and Latin America was super sweet. It was quite addictive.
Yes. About the same as what you experienced. In the Grocery stores here you can buy coke from different countries in the ethnic food section.
Reply
#23

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:01 AM)chairman Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:52 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2012 09:49 AM)chairman Wrote:  

McDonalds is actually not bad in all countries. Here in France, McDonalds is actually enjoyable and tastes like real meat because of the strict laws with using chemicals in processing and growing food. America and I am assuming other countries in the world just passively decide to not care about what they put in their body.

Is it true that you get mayonnaise with your French Fries in France? Last time I was there, they served beer in Mcdonalds.

No you get what is called "Pommes frites sauce" which is kind of like mayo but with other underlying tastes (maybe some mustard?). It definitely beats ketchup.

[Image: lol.gif]

McChicken Sauce?
Reply
#24

McD's Drops Ammonium Hydroxide From Burgers

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:30 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Mechanico, I find that the formula in each country differs slightly. Did you find the fountain soda in Greece to taste different?

When I went to the coca cola factory in Atlanta, I found the coca cola in each country to differ (they had samples). Europe wasn't as sweet, U.S was quite sweet and Latin America was super sweet. It was quite addictive.

Latin Cola still uses cane sugar I believe.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)