rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shemp's pullup accountability thread

Shemp's pullup accountability thread

In the "how many pullups can you do thread", I wrote that I no longer do pullups because I live mostly in motels or short term rentals with no pullup bar available, and I like doing morning exercises at home, and I lack the motivation to do a second set of daily exercises using a public pullup object. Last part of preceding sentence is a cop-out. Fortunately, forum does not allow editing because otherwise weakling in me would be tempted to go back and revise what I wrote so as to wipe away all traces of my shameful hiding behind excuses. I am now going to put my shame to good use, so as to accomplish the following goal:

Other than when camping or when it is raining, I will attempt to find a pullup object and do at least 15 pullups per day, which may take multiple sets initially or anytime I am tired or full of food or pullup object is hard to hold onto. Correct form less important than sheer quantity of reps. Most important of all is consistency, same consistency I show with morning floor exercises. I will not be afraid of looking bad with puny sets, if puny sets is all I can do.

19 Nov 2018: used open concrete stairs at motel, which means can't go all the way up because head hits stairs. Sets of 8 then 6 while fasting, then 5 then 4 after returning from one big meal of day. Total of 24.

Messages In This Thread