rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Quote: (12-10-2018 09:28 PM)The_e_man Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2018 08:23 AM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

Attractiveness is not only determined by looks. I would say that when it comes down to looks (psysical appearance as in muscle, fat, face, hair, grooming, clothes) only a certain "treshold" needs to be obtained. Once this point has been reached other qualities get priority. And I do not see any evidence for this "threshold" to be particulary high.

Or to put it into other words: As long as you are "not bad looking".

Other attractive qualities that are important are: dominance, strength, pre selection, initiative taking, self confidence, risk taking, fearlesssness, social freedom, emotional control, etc.

In a real life face to face interaction these qualities become a whole lot more important than looks. And when it comes to sex these qualities become even more important.

To put it into other words: A "hot" submissive guy is unattractive.

I would even say that these qualities can entirely negate "uglyness". Or in the negative completly negate "hotness".

On other hand money and social status have little to do with attractiveness. These are simply practical considerations which belong in the "Beta Bux" category. If money or status where attractive, I expect girls to masturbate to pictures of Mark Zuckerberg.

But I do agree that Tinder gives you a good idea about where you stand looks wise. However as I said, this be a biased dataset. Biased towards looks primarily and biased for girls that primarily select based on looks.

Oh boy. I like your posts and I like your logical approach to the game, I really do.
In fact I even recently gave you a rep point a few days ago.

So please take this sincerely when I tell you that you have it completely wrong. The first part of your post was ok, but then you started losing me. I have a feeling you're wrong because you are basing too many things in the theoretical world in your mind, and you still don't have enough real world experience of the game (high notch count, experience with harems / LTRs with hot girls, etc).

Social status, to some girls, can be KING when it comes to attraction. Especially the young hot party girls that are being picky on tinder. And status is certainly not a "beta bux" trait. Keep in mind, when I say status I am talking about the status that girls care about: popular, cool guy, at the top of the social food chain, with lots of fun connections. Not the department chair at the astrophysics society. And even then, the department chair of astrophysics has enough relative status in his little niche that he can actually be killing it as well - just not with the young party girls but obviously a much more different demographic of women.

Also keep in mind that some of the best looking guys are usually the high status guys in their social circles. Yes, yes exceptions exist. There's stories of ugly guys killing it and good looking guys shooting themselves in the foot and never getting pussy. But let's get the extreme anecdotes out of the way and look at general trends.
Physical attractiveness and status are tightly related and intertwined, and it's no surprise girls very much care about those two things when it comes to pure attraction.

Somebody should create 2 accounts with the same photos!!! Then use the text to portray a fun, risk taking, social, party animal in Profile 1. In profile 2. a stable provider - Energy company engineer. (c'mon we all know which profile will win today in most large cities of the US). I have actually done this with varied results. I find there to be a strong urban rural and socioeconomic status divide between which profile does better (internationally and domestically). Wealthy cities party animal Chad does well. In poor rural areas not too risky stable Fred does well.

Of course this is all complex, and the location and the other options (men) available in the marketplace to the women are a factor.

-----
But OP - marketplace economics to answer your question as others have said.

Messages In This Thread