rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Quote: (11-19-2018 01:42 PM)corsega Wrote:  

Again, your key word here is dating.

We are on this forum to discuss casual sex.

RSD markets towards guys that want casual sex.

The reason that these groups are fringe extremes is that the vast majority of casual sex happens on the fringe extremes!

Your coworkers/friends/whatever that went to an average university, was in marching band, had 1-4 lifetime partners, and settles down and gets married, are not a part of this conversation.

The 80/20 rule is a strawman, it's actually more like 60/20, but close enough: https://ifstudies.org/blog/male-sexlessn...cels-claim

I would agree with this. I just don't like blanket statements like "80% of all girls are banging 20% of all guys", all women are hypergamous, etc etc. Like you said, there is a small percentile of society that acts like this. And in that percentile -- which is solely focused on casual sex -- there is an even smaller minority of men who hook up with the majority of women in that group.

But I will also say that monogamy is still pretty common in America. Honestly almost everyone I know (male and female) either is in A serious relationship or has been in one in the past. I also know plenty of people who have no real desire to hook up/have casual sex. The average notch count isn't depressed because society is full of gameless schmucks. It's depressed because relationships are far, far more common than perpetually being single and chasing sex.

Are there incels? Yes. Are there "dark triad alphas"? Also yes? Are there promisicuous women who regularly bang strangers? Yes. But IMO there are many more men who are in normal relationships, who have never heard of game or hypergamy, and have fulfilling sex lives regardless.

It bears mentioning that people probably have more sex within singular LTRs than they do with FWB's or hookups. Yes, women are attracted to a strong opening approach, but they're also attracted to trust and comfort -- the dark triad alpha traits only go so far. A guy in a four or five year relationship probably has sex an order of magnitude more than someone who is constantly approaching. If you have an attractive girlfriend (which many normal dudes with average personalities do have), this isn't a bad deal at all. In many ways, it offers better return on your time than constantly playing the field.

Where I think the 80/20 principle actually is valid is in regards to the girls you're going after. I firmly believe that 20% of the available women in your environment will yield you 80% of the results. We use this principle in sales as well. This is why I tell guys to more or less dispense with venues or demographics that aren't friendly to them and are consistently rejecting their approach.

Back when I was single, I could have spent all day approaching hood black girls or cliquey ABG black girls (two demographics that regularly blew me out). Instead, I went for demographics that I knew were friendly -- alternative white and Jewish girls, more intellectual black girls, Filipinas, etc. By focusing on the 20% that I knew liked me, I saved time, had better success, and was more efficient. Had I focused on the broader 80%, I would have been beating my head against the wall in frustration.

This is the only real 80/20 split that matters in my opinion. It's not really applicable to social dynamics in any other way.

Messages In This Thread