rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

I ask because it seems like she's turning into a feminist, and/or her personality is becoming messed up, and I don't know what to do.

Some background: I'm 30, she's 19. She studied her ass off in high school and got into a competitive 6 year med program. I consult for oil/gas.

Throughout her entire life, I tried to be a strong influence because I didn't want her to turn out to be a slut. I didn't want her to seek validation from other dudes by putting out. She was cute when she was younger, but she's one of those girls that doesn't really take care of herself - my honest opinion is that at this point in life, she's not attractive (maybe a 3-4), but that's because she doesn't eat healthy (she's chubby), she doesn't work out, and she doesn't wear makeup. If she did all that she'd be a solid 7. I only say all of this to lend you some perspective.

I don't think any guys have hit on her yet, but IDK. I always bought her nice things, tried to be overly affectionate, and tried to guide her to make the right choices in life. For the first 18 years, including her first year of college, she was sweet and level headed, and we had minimal arguments. There was always the brother/sister arguments we had growing up, but it was never serious.

Anyways, ever since she moved into an upscale condo with her roommate, and I gave her my lexus, she's been acting aggressive and being disrespectful/dismissive. As if she knows everything and that she's equal to me. I highly doubt it's because she's sleeping around or anything, I'm thinking it may just be stress/hormones, but she's very insulting. She has relationships with her friends where they just completely rip on each other, and she treats me the same way and it pisses me off.

Lately, I've been cutting her off and told her that I'd only see her during vacations. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing. She's pretty much become a toxic person, and I cut her off to save my own emotional energy.

She has strong family values so I'm not worried that she'll turn out to be a slut, but everything about her points to being a feminist. She's very stubborn, told me that I can't give her any advice on personal stuff, and basically has killed that part of me which is a brother to her. She claims that I messed up her self esteem when she was younger and that I hurt her a lot, but that's the exact opposite of what I tried to do. For example, I would take her out to eat when I visited, pretty much all the time. It was my way of treating/ being good to her - but now she's claiming that she developed a binge eating disorder because of me.

Is this just how it goes for 19 year olds? Should I be keeping my distance from her until she grows older? It's not difficult for me, but I've said some things that hurt her feelings. No idea what to do here.

Messages In This Thread