rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US Savings Bonds

US Savings Bonds

I'm getting conflicting, and confusing answers from both that which I google, and a few financial/banking type people I associate, and have invested, with.

Mahalo in advance, I'm sure some of you whiz kids can clear this right up. Here goes:

How much can one American, hypothetically a Polynesian, buy in US Savings Bonds per year?

Is it 10k to themselves?

Is the limit only 10k if bought from treasurtydirect.com? Can I still buy more for myself from the bank?

What about those that I gift to various nieces and nephews? That can only be from treasurydirect.com. But does that count to my limit?

If I buy the EE vs. the I does the limit change?

I want to make some long-term investments that are "cash in hand style" as opposed to the other stuff I do. I have paper ones I cashed at the bank that was fully mature. Since its all this digital shit now I'm skeptical.

But I still love America. In fact, I swore to the bank people, I got a bit of a discount when I bought the paper ones because I was active duty. Does anyone know if theres a discount on them for veterans?

Was that just a little bonus from Uncle Sam for all the terrorists I killed?

Please give me some advice, my wise brothers.

Aloha!

Messages In This Thread