rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Self-improvement has given me "chick standards syndrome"

Self-improvement has given me "chick standards syndrome"

GT777733, sorry I thought I posted a response earlier already but it didn't go through.

Yes people in Melbourne are very cliquey and yes it's hard to get to the hottest girls. They are often shielded by their social circle, who act more like a cult protecting their most beautiful maidens. This is why my criteria of picking a pretty and happy girl nearly always resulted in me dating a foreign girl. My wife was the exception though.

Even though my wife is 3rd gen Australian (of mixed European bloods), I thought she was foreign when I first met her, because she was happy, open to meet people and beautiful. Those things don't often come made in Australia! She actually has a bit of an accent, which always make people ask where she's from, more than they ask me, and I'm Asian.

When I met her at a formal ball, she was shielded by a round table of miserable Aussie hens, yet I smoothly cold approached anyway. There were so many cockblocking attempts that night from her friends, despite the obvious fact that she was really enjoying herself, they'd try to tell her that they wanted to come over to rescue her as she looked like she needed help. After she was completely swept off her feet by me, she sneaked behind their backs to give me her phone number. She didn't tell them about me for months to protect our relationship, and eventually she dropped all of the negative ones following my lead to remove toxic people from our life.

Anyway, had my wife been foreign, like the previous girls I dated, I'd been fully prepared to deal with the residency situation. I was even setting myself up to move overseas, and I know international couples who worked through it just fine. The girls I dated were Europeans or North Americans, sorting out visas wouldn't be too hard.

@Ouroboros: I went to couple dancing venues of many styles: latin, ballroom, swing, etc. I picked the venue based on how much I like the music (often a live band), and enjoy the atmosphere. I didn't need a room full of hot girls to choose the venue, that's not gonna happen in Australia anyway. However, when I go to a venue where I'm really enjoying myself, there is always at least one pretty girl I can approach, and often there is zero competition for her attention. It's all about hunting instincts. [Image: wink.gif] My best man is single, and always tries to find dance venues with the highest number of hot girls, which often there's none, or there is too much competition for him to handle. He went with me and my wife to a place once full of old people, and he was just about to bolt out of boredom, when I pointed out that there were two young sweet pretty girls here in the crowd who had no man to talk to except some elderly gentlemen and a bunch of churchian soyboys. Sadly as it turned out, my boy is not that good either even when there's no competition around and no cockblocking.

Here's another tip: in Australia, you gotta go younger, like 18-23, when the girl is still at uni, tafe or whatever she's doing after high school. That's before she gets locked up in stupid social cliques and contaminated by this toxic culture which is all out to destroy her femininity. I live and work in the inner suburbs so very close to the major uni campuses, and I run into a decent one or two (at least upon glance, as I'm married now) every day while walking around. They're out there, but you probably won't find them if you play the numbers through online dating, clubs or other popular places. Also, they are for LTRs, not really for casual (you can do that with this type of girls, sure, but what are you trying to do with your life?)

Messages In This Thread