rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'The womanization of protein consumption': Canadians quickly turning away from meat

'The womanization of protein consumption': Canadians quickly turning away from meat

Quote: (11-02-2018 06:00 PM)Thot Leader Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2018 02:57 PM)flanders Wrote:  

It's not, no. Fiber is indigestible, why would it aid in digestion? All it can do is blow up in size in the stomach (3-5x its size in volume), get jammed in the duodenum, cause gallstones or pancreatitis, and scour the inner walls of the intestines on its way out. It binds to vital micronutrients and electrolytes and cause gas and bloating.

... really? So this is one more dietary guideline that needs to be chucked away? I find I shit so much better when I take it, which fits with everything I've read on it:

Quote:Quote:

Psyllium is used clinically as a bulk laxative, an agent that has laxative effects but secondary to increasing fecal size; a gentler laxative relative to chemical agents like caffeine or senna alexandrina. This bulk occurs due to water and gas absorption in the small intestines and colon to give chyme (made from digested food) more size and softness. This bulk is retained in the colon despite microflora as psyllium is poorly fermented (highly fermented fibers may be metabolized by bacteria in the colon, and water retaining properties with the fiber would be lost in this scenario).

Psyllium is proven to increase fecal size and moisture, and the most common characteristics of stool following supplementation of psyllium are 'soft, sleek, and easily passable.' Relative to other sources of dietary fiber, psyllium appears to be more effective at forming feces and appears to be one of the few fiber sources not associated with excessive flatulence.

Apparently it also lowers cholesterol by absorbing fatty acids, which may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the individual's needs (I'll need to read up on it more). But as a laxative (which is often necessary for people who eat a lot of meat) it seems helpful. I couldn't find anything on serious risks or side effects. Also, my doctor told me to take a fiber supplement (it wasn't psyl. but a different kind) around 30 minutes prior to taking probiotics, apparently it helps your body absorb the prob.

Sorry to derail the thread, but if you're eating a lot of red meat then fiber intake may be worth thinking about.

Prepare to be blown away: http://meatheals.com

Here's the owner of the site on insta - 51 years old, 100% Carnivore @Shawnbaker1967

- I am 100% sure we have been lied to about about food products - Fiber might not be all the good we think it is.

Messages In This Thread