rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working in stressful jobs

Working in stressful jobs

Whats your opinion and life stories about working in stressful jobs, and if it's worth it or not.

Here it's my story. I had just finished my masters degree in Computer Engineering and applied to several jobs. Managed to work for a few months at a research department of my uni but there was no continuity so I applied everywhere.

Got in a junior consultant program in a Big4 company. Had no idea what was expecting me, the first day in the job one of the old timers from that company gave us a speech.

Legit thought the guy was in his 80s, maybe 90s, found out several months after that he was still in his early 50s.

Anyway, started to work in that fast paced long hours environment and soon I was just over that shit. Couldn't really believe life could be that bad. I got up at 7 am, commute to work, stayed there until 8 pm in the good days (some of my friends stayed there until 10/11pm regularly). After some months couldn't get quality sleep and had my head fucked over. Call it quits and found another more peaceful job.

During my stay in that environment found out that a lot of the guys that worked there had some sort of precocious aging process going on. Some wouldn't take bath and would stink, and I had to sit near them lool.

Most didn't like to be there but they didn't had another option, several of them were there because of the cv it gives you. Although I would argue that companies would only want you because you were once a slave so you can be one again.

Definitely wont go back to that environment, my goal now is to do my own business and have that as my main source of income in about 5/10 years.

This story happened like 4 years ago but found it important to share with you as I believe people that take the consultant route or the long hours for someone else route, sometimes don't really think about what they are doing.

Messages In This Thread