rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Smoking & parents

Smoking & parents

Hello,

I'd like to know your opinion on this subject: I'm 22 years old and today my parents and me had a discussion (or let's say they "got angry") because they asked me if I smoke and I said yes. I have to say: 1) I started smoking (both tobacco and weed) when I was 20 years old, it was not when I was a kid, it's an age where I'm already mature enough to make my own decisions. 2) Even if I smoke weed I always have passed my exams and recently finishing engineering in the time I was supposed to do it. And also since I started reading TRP world few months ago I got into gym and I'm really glad with results I'm getting atm and looking forward to also doing boxing.

One of the reasons my father told me I must stop it's because at this moment I'm living with them (I never ever smoked with them or they saw me smoking) and since I just finished my degree I'm still looking for a job (been less than a month) so I have no real income so it's their money what is buying me both tobacco + weed.

Since the moment he said this I told him: ok, I stop smoking. I respect them even thought I don't agree on many stuff with them and I also respect the fact that I'm still living with them. I will stop smoking, at least until I have a job and my own apartament and then if I want to continue I will do it.

They started making big scandal out of this and I really disagree in this kind of parenting, I'm already grown man and I also told you I won't smoke, get over it.

They already did a few bad things to me, treated me not fairly, and this is in my opinion yet another disrespect to my person. So I decided to take a break, find a job and dissapear from their life at least some time. I really can't believe some bullshit like smoking when you are 22 years old is that kind of big deal.

Any advices on this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: also, this is my first post on this forum. I've been reading for a long time and it's a great forum, hope to stay active over here and keep learning from you guys.

Messages In This Thread