rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Smoking - want to quit but it's helped game so many times

Hey everyone, wanted to share my thoughts on smoking cigs. I'm 29 and like most I began smoking when I was in high school (I was 15, I believe). After 14 years of smoking, there is no question that the health impact is definitely beginning to show and of course health impacts game especially performance of the deed. I'm at a point where I genuinely want to give up the habit. I had really cut down on cigarettes a few months back by picking up cigars, which definitely helps but buying decent cigars plus packs of cigs ($14/pack in NYC) can really hit the wallet.

Health reasons aside, one reason I would find it difficult to quit is because it many ways it helps with game. It's always a great opener (i.e. asking for a light, sharing a cig) not to mention many times at bars/clubs girls will step out by themselves to smoke and it's a great opportunity to chat them up. Even for daygame, it's a great thing to immediately open with.

Truth is, like most smokers who have smoked for a decade or more, I love smoking. I don't want to quit completely, I just want to quit the habit of smoking close to a pack a day. Ideally, I would like to be at a point where I can comfortably have a cigarette some nights when I go out then not need one every hour after that. It's the habit and addiction I'd like to overcome.

Anyone have any good tips/advice?

Messages In This Thread