rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Scientism thread

The Scientism thread

Roosh has talked about this and I think it merits some discussion. I constantly see fake news headlines boldly declaring that some bullshit leftist talking point has been "scientifically proven" (to be fair, the right does the same thing, but they don't have anywhere near the influence in the media or academia, so the societal damage is far less).

People seem to be invoking science as if it is truth beyond question, making it the new religion. All it takes are some basic critical thinking skills to take these "scientific" claims to the wood chipper of reason and evidence, yet almost no one is. This nonsense is being peddled by major publications (and schools, of course) and as a result, I'm hearing it more and more in my personal life. People point like monkeys at these headlines, showing deference to false idols, and will scorn anyone who dares criticize. Scientism represents the apex of the inversion of reality I've heard red pillers and right wingers talk about the cultural left foisting upon society.

An example in today's news is Elizabeth Warren's DNA test "proving" her Native American ancestry. Here's how Time spun it:

Quote:Quote:

Elizabeth Warren Just Shared a DNA Test Showing She Has Native American Ancestry

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren published a DNA test on Monday that she says shows that her claims to Native American ancestry have a basis in fact.

President Donald Trump has alleged that Warren, seen as a potential presidential competitor in 2020, used false claims about her heritage to advance her career as a lawyer. He has dubbed Warren the “fake Pocahontas.”

“She used the fact that she was Native American to advance her career,” Trump has said. “Elizabeth Warren is a total fraud. I know it. Other people who work with her know it.”

“I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian,” Trump said in July. “I have a feeling she will say no.”

Warren shared a video and a website of testimonials from her colleagues at Harvard University and elsewhere saying her ancestry had no impact on her hiring. Those testimonials support an investigation done by The Boston Globe which concluded, “At every step of her remarkable rise in the legal profession, the people responsible for hiring her saw her as a white woman.”

Dr. Carlos Bustamante, a professor of genetics at Stanford University, said an analysis of Warren’s genome turned up evidence of Native American ancestry.

“In the senator’s genome, we did find five segments of Native American ancestry, with very high confidence, where we believe the error rate is less than one in 1,000,” Dr. Bustamante says in a video shared by Warren on Twitter.

“This isn’t just about casual racism,” said Warren. “Native communities have faced discrimination, neglect and violence for generations. And Trump can say whatever he wants about me, but mocking Native Americans or any group in order to try and get at me? That’s not what America stands for.”

Notice the structure and wording. Most of the article is spent explaining how Trump = awful racist. As for the actual science cited, despite sounding very official it doesn't prove anything: "five segments of Native American Ancestry" apparently means she had one Native American ancestor that lived six to ten generations ago, meaning she's less than 2% Native American, which isn't enough to qualify for status with any Native American tribe. So, the actual science proves Trump's point and disproves the liberal narrative (i.e. Warren's and her supporters' claim). And of course it isn't just Time. CNN's headline: "Elizabeth Warren releases DNA test with 'strong evidence' of Native American ancestry".

Other examples of mainstream scientism:

Forbes: Why Women Are Smarter Than Men (it's because women have greater EQ, which of course isn't an actual thing)

Newsweek: Women are better athletes than men, study about gender fitness finds (it's because women's bodies use oxygen more efficiently than men's do. I'm guessing this difference is because women's bodies have less muscle, pound per pound, and so they need less oxygen to perform at max. output. So because women are weaker, they're more efficient, and thus greater athletes)

It's often the case that the science isn't just questionable, it's being used to convince people that unreality is reality. Elizabeth Warren's DNA proves she's NOT an Indian (assuming a real Indian is more than 2%) and women's athletic testing proves they are NOT better athletes (assuming athleticism has anything to do with strength and power). But with a population as dumbed down as ours, you can really get them to believe anything.

Please find and share examples.

Messages In This Thread