rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you make friends?

How do you make friends?

This is a serious question. I've been a lone wolf all my life and I've only recently been letting people get closer to me. I have just started up in college again and I notice that I am having a lot of trouble connecting with anyone. I think this is best asked in this subforum as my eventual goal is to establish a social circle to augment my dating life.

When I step back and look at my friends and how those friendships came about, I notice that it was always them coming to me. I was just doing my own thing and these people took interest in me. Because of that I tend to be the one that needs to put things in motion and "lead." It seems like if I'm not the one driving events, they don't really give me a second thought.

This is true of everyone except one of my closest friends who is is much of a loner as me, so we basically just spend time doing nothing. While I thoroughly enjoy it, it is not really conducive to my end goal.

So, now I'm wondering what you do to be more proactive about establishing connections. I often try to make small talk with both men and women, but find that I am bored very easily. I'm not really sure how to connect with people on a deeper level if they're not coming to me. Can anyone provide me some advice or direction on this topic?

Messages In This Thread