rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

This is why feminists fail in the workplace

This is why feminists fail in the workplace

This morning I get to my office, and one of the companies in my building is doing a real estate class for progressive millennials.

The men are wearing ill fitting suits with backpacks and sneakers. Yes, suits with backpacks and sneakers. They look like children trying to look like adults.

The women look like they just rolled out of bed, with visible piercings, clothes that have dog / cat hair all over them, etc. Disgusting.

Apparently dress codes are the patriarchy:

https://everydayfeminism.com/2018/10/mak...-friendly/

Let me be straight here. As someone who owns a business, my opinion is twofold...

1. I cannot take anyone seriously who does not know how to dress themselves in the morning. You want to sell me services or advice? And you're wearing sneakers in a suit that is two times too big for you? Check, please.

2. More importantly, my clients will not take you seriously looking like that. Cargo pants, a blazer, and headphones do not make you look like someone who is competent at their job. As a professional, a key component of mine is to inspire confidence in our clients. That means looking good at all times, not having stains on your shirt, wearing clothes that fit, and looking the part. Is it arbitrary? Sure. I'd rather wear a sweatshirt, shorts, and sandals on most days because it's comfortable. But if I show up to a meeting with a new client like that they're going to think I'm a bum.

But apparently the feminist movement is moving to ban dress codes because they are "ableist" and anti-fat. Now you're supposed to be able to show up to work in a wrinkled shirt with stains on it that doesn't fit.

Good Lord.

Messages In This Thread