rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sender's Progress Thread (advice appreciated)

Sender's Progress Thread (advice appreciated)

I'd really appreciate some advice about my training strategy for the next few months. I've titled this thread as a 'progress' one as I'd like to morph it into that once I've worked out what I'm doing.

Like some of you my situation is somewhat unique and this will effect what I will be able to do and achieve:

1) I've had multiple abdominal surgeries in the past due to a serious intestinal condition. My surgeon has made it very clear that I should avoid lifting heavy things or overworking abdominal excersizes due to the high risk of herniation.

This means, unfortunately, no heavy lifts or aggressive abdominal stuff ie. Planks are in; situps and leg raises are out.

2) I've been low carb/keto for over a year now. Besides lowering my body fat it has improved my general health in other ways: better skin, reduced gastro-intestinal issues, more energy. So I'd like to stick to that if possible.

3) I'm 34, 6ft and weigh around 155lbs. Haven't weighed myself for a while but will do when I begin my progress reports.

Annoyingly, my body type is the kind that puts on fat around the torso but arms and legs remain skinny. But that's the way it is and what I have to work with. From pictures, I'm guessing bodyfat (around the torso) is around 15-20% even though I look skinny. Waist is 28".

4) I will train at home. I have the following equipment:

-- Pull-up mate:

[Image: attachment.jpg40136]    [Image: attachment.jpg40137]   

-- Weight Vest (upto 10kg)
-- Good quality Suspension Trainer (similar to TRX)

5) I used to rock climb avidly and plan to restart 2/3 times a week. I'm also considering starting BJJ/Muay Thai soon.

6) I'm may start juicing (either TRT or just for muscle gain) at some point. But I'll leave that for next year. Will get tested before doing that.

I'm thinking that I need to bulk up a little over the next couple of months and hopefully I can make some newbie gains even with body weight excersizes. Is this a good overall trajectory?

Treat any relationship like you're Bill Murray in 'Ground Hog's Day'

In control of my density

Messages In This Thread