rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feeling useless

Feeling useless

Hey RVF.

I'm a student in my early twenties, almost finished college (only got my thesis to do, it's like halfway done) but it's in a field that I don't really know if it's useful or not. The degree essentially guarantees fluency in Russian, conversational Polish and a couple of courses in economics and management, but these are too generic (I won't even mention the Soviet History and Literature classes as these are utterly useless today.)

I live in a highly tourist-visited country in Europe, and I'm planning on taking advantage of some family property to put on AirBnB to rent, which I predict will make me some really good money. The thing is, I can effectively start this in mid-late spring, so I've got 9 months that I don't want to just waste sitting around living off of my parents' money.

I'd love to get my foot in the door in investing, and I've made another thread asking about advice on that, but to invest I do need some capital. But I don't want to work as a waiter to get that, I'd like to do something that will get me some respectable experience. But I get the feel that this is impossible without a relevant degree.

Is it?

I hope I made sense

tl;dr
I have no degree and feel like there are 0 opportunities out there

Messages In This Thread