rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone else get pulled in by the allure of drugs?

Anyone else get pulled in by the allure of drugs?

I was addicted to some shit a while back and recently got back into it

the two things I keep reminding myself are:

1) Life is such a beautiful thing. Stare at yourself in the mirror. Realize how awesome it is to be alive and how important it is to take care of your body - because your body deserves to be taken care of it - it's such a beautiful thing. The fact that you are here, now, living as a human creature is such an awesome thing and you deserve to respect your body and take care of it. After all, it is you.

2) What you put into your body now, whether it be drugs, alcohol, or whatever, may not harm you now, but it will harm you in the future. It's just hard to see the future cost of something because it will not affect you now.

3) The best way I have avoided my addiction is simply to stay away from the kind of environment that makes it happen. That may include certain situations, friends, etc. Yes, you may think you have all the discipline in the world, but it may be a lot harder when the temptation is there and you're in an environment that makes it easily happen

Messages In This Thread