rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Options of Berlin, Seoul, or Tokyo for 4-5 months

Options of Berlin, Seoul, or Tokyo for 4-5 months

I'm considering the possibility of going abroad for a semester for a study abroad type of thing. I have the choices of Tokyo, Berlin, and Seoul. Three cities I would love to live in on paper. As you can imagine I'm a little conflicted on where to go. I'd like to learn more about them outside of preconceptions (ie Tokyo is a metropolis, Berlin has a huge art scene, Seoul is bleak but neon lights make it fun).

Given that accommodation is provided, I'm looking at spending maybe $5,000 over 4-5 months, which I'll have at minimum saved from spring and summer. Is this reasonable?

How are these cities in terms of getting around without a car? I know they all have extensive metro systems but the fact is not every metro is made equal. If there's any information from people who've lived long term (or longer than a few weeks) in any of the cities I'd love to see the datasheets/relevant posts, haven't come across many.

In terms of Seoul and Tokyo, I'm very interested in learning the languages and culture, but don't really know how receptive they are to foreigners. I've heard everything from Seoul clubs banning foreigners on the level that Japan's "no gaijin allowed" shops do, to student areas in Seoul being great for foreigners (is Itaewon a student area or just foreigners?).

Similar things have been said about Tokyo, but in Toyko's defense it is the biggest metropolis in the world and I don't think can be generalized that heavily.

Advice, datasheets, constructive criticism is very appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I tend to lean towards night game and have a preference for Middle Eastern and East Asian women.

Messages In This Thread