rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First time airsofter - reality check

First time airsofter - reality check

I just played an airsoft match for the first time today.

First thing I'll say about it is that it's a blast! Really fun trying to shoot people while dodging BBs. Gets the adrenaline pumping a little. Very affordable too, even taking into account the fees for rental guns.

I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a fun day out. I only had my brother and one of his friends, in a team of about 10 v 10. All male environment so you already know you can hang with the guys and not have girls pissing you off.

Now on to the doom and gloom; if there were any kind of armed conflict in real life, I'd be one of the first casualties. I suck balls at this shooting game. Most of my deaths came from a guy I never spotted. Also shooting back fast enough to hit anything was impossible (for me)

Being able to sprint fast helps when dashing into cover, but even that isn't useful if you get riddled with BBs next time you peek out. Now imagine trying to spot enemies, while simultaneously aiming down sight as well as being aware of where your buddies are? That's multi tasking!

Basically, everything you see in movies and video games is what gets you killed in reality. Some of the rules were a little stupid however, like not being able to shoot at someone if they are at a straight angle below you and also not being able to shoot through any hole smaller than your head. A few cheaters not calling their hits as well.

I want to try doing airsoft again soon but I don't want to suck ass. Any tips (even real life ones) I can apply to increase my odds of success?

Finally, today has given me an appreciation of those who engage in real fire fights. It's already a rush knowing you can be hit at any moment. Now imagine doing this knowing that if you get caught it's lights out forever. It's terrifying to think about. Respect to any RVFers who've done the real deal.

Messages In This Thread