rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating

How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating

Knowing what I know now at 32, if I had 20k ten years ago, I would absofuckinglutely go for it and buy the one way ticket. You're young, you have tons of time to recuperate if your business attempts fail. You have enough saved up to keep a good sized emergency fund if you have to move back to the states and find your footing again, and if that happens, you're no worse off then you are now and you've gained valuable experiences.

If you keep analyzing, the "right time" will never come. I know, because I've been analyzing my situation, my bank account for the last 3 years waiting for some magical number or idea where I feel comfortable quitting my day job and buying a one way ticket instead of a round trip. I think I've realized at this point its never going to feel comfortable unplugging from the system.

I live in New England too and can't wait to leave, its definitely not a place I want to put down permanent roots, too expensive, too much liberal progressive bullshit, people are fleeing this part of the country for a reason. The way I see it, if I don't find a way to sustain myself abroad and have to come back after a few months or years, I can explore other parts of the US that I've had on my mind.

Messages In This Thread