rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Drug side effects

Drug side effects

I am taking a couple of things for hypertension. I have a long history of reacting badly to most drugs, so these problems aren't exactly a surprise to me.

After experiencing problems with amlodipine, I went and looked up the side effects. They include weakness and lightheadedness. Both are symptoms I am seeing. The muscle weakness is a weird one, besides really reducing my bench press by a lot, it also screws up my balance, probably by making my stabilizer muscles weaker. Add to that the fact that I get really lightheaded when exercising and it's not hypotension.

After talking to the doctor, the dosage is down to the minimum and another blood pressure drug at a low dose has been added. The weakness isn't as bad now, my balance is okay and I don't get lightheaded as quickly, but the problems aren't completely gone. I'm also seeing really slow recovery. After a hard workout, I spend the next two days really fatigued. Very little or no muscle soreness, just really tired. This is a problem. I'll talk to my doctor at my next appointment, but I think it's a bit beyond her expertise.

Any ideas what to do about the fatigue? It seems to be limiting the effectiveness of my workouts.

Messages In This Thread