rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Late 30's - Recently Divorced - Advice Needed Please

Late 30's - Recently Divorced - Advice Needed Please

Hi all

A few months ago my divorce went through after being in a relationship for 12 years.

The past few months I've not done much beyond spending time with my daughter, hitting the gym, working at work and on my side line business.

Obviously I love spending time with my daughter And have built a nice pot of cash from the sideline, but im starting to feel like something is missing. I don't want any kind of relationship with a woman, but id like to start hooking up again.

I have 3 weeks holiday to take before the years out and I'm not sure how best to spend it. I'm leaning towards city breaks so not to interfere with seeing my 2 year daughter. I may take two weeks off in September, go away for a few days then spend the rest of it in the UK at home. I'm liable to spend most of it working on my business unless I have something else to focus on....I'd like to sharpen my skills with women during that time. ?

To give yiu a bit of insight, I'm 38, 6"2, lifted regularly since my late teens, never used gear, lean (4 pack) rather than bulky. pretty shy, self concious and anxious around most half attractive women. Prone to not saying much or something slightly odd due to my anxiety. I put up a tinder account recently with pretty mediocre photos and a woman who's been encouraging me to signup said 'not bad photos 7/10'. Several chaps I've been chatting to at the gym over the past year or so have umprompted said I'll meet someone in no time as I'm a chatty and good looking bloke - I don't have anxiety chatting to other men.

Before meeting my now ex I spent most of my twenties getting drunk in clubs, standing around waiting for women to approach me
.. which rarely happened! Slept with 60 odd women, pretty much always drunk and most of them were 6/7's. 40 odd in SE Asia, but you know the score out there! came in later twenties when I got into drugs and developed a bit of a bad boy rep.

Want to avoid slipping back into relying on alcohol to take my anxiety away in social situations.

How would you recommend working on my anxiety around women? I've started reading good looking loser recently and much of what he writes resonates with me. My issue is in prone to over thinking and spending time alone reading and reading, but not taking any action. I'm liable to be in the same position this time next year at this rate.

Looking to change things now. What would you recommend. Like I say, I'll probably take two weeks off from work next month, so can use that to start building my confidence and skills with women.

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread