rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would platonic friendships (with women) be fulfilling to you?

Would platonic friendships (with women) be fulfilling to you?

Quote: (08-28-2018 03:56 PM)Professor When Wrote:  

Hold on now. I didn't claim to have lived his life or even want the same thing as him. However, I understand with stark clarity knowing exactly what you want and having no idea how to get it.

Contrast that with what I am trying to learn here. I know what I need to do to get laid. That also means that I can identify where I need to improve and understand that I do not have the skill to do so yet.

What exactly do you need to do to get laid?

Do you have:
-Action item list
-Stretch goals
-Short goals
-Strategies
-Books, Forums, Threads, etc
-Mentors

I mean that's a start, I'm curious to know what you've got dialed in and what you need help with, of course, this forum is your biggest source for all the above.

Quote:Quote:

Here's something I've only ever shared anonymously on the internet. No one that knows me in real life is aware of this. I once attempted suicide. (no, it had nothing to do with women) There was no note, this was not something decided in the heat of the moment. It was not a plea for attention. I woke up the next morning in a pile of vomit and pills, cleaned myself up, and decided to get my shit together.

Despondency. That is what I understand.

You survived, I'm glad, and I'm glad you realized you need to get your shit together.

I'm sure you are completely right in this. Finding a woman is the next step in my attempts to recreate myself.

Brother let me tell you, finding a woman ISN'T needed in the steps to find yourself. Self love and inner game are the first major steps. A woman in you life is an added bonus and secondary.

This is disingenuous. Seeing it this way, you could call any gaming attempt that doesn't end in a lay to be the same thing. I enjoyed myself at the time and when I saw that I was no longer getting what I wanted, I bailed. Maybe we have a different definition of orbiter. I apreciate that this comes from a place of advisement, but as least in this capacity I recognize that I do not do this out of obligation.

Okay well let's revist this:

At the same time, I'm at the tail end of what I would say is a failed experiment in friendship with women. I had just returned to college and was picking up some summer classes when I met the girl. She was cute, a little witty, and seemingly not beholden to the addiction of social media. Obviously, I go for it, get her number and make a move. Turns out she's a lesbian, oh well.

To my surprise, after I stop communicating with her she reaches out to me. She invites me over, introduces me to her girlfriend and their other lesbian roommate. I spend some time chatting with them about bullshit and I realize that I actually enjoyed my time there. I try to pursue this friendship and it is surprisingly fun. I don't supplicate to her, but I do the same kind things I would do for my male friends. I hosted a dinner party, I brought them to the farmers market with me, and we went out to see a movie. All three of the girls were very receptive and warm, I actually enjoyed providing for them and receiving gratitude and reciprocity without any sexual tension.

Initially you had an invested interest in the girly you hit on, turns out she was a lesbian.

Question is why bother? She's a lesbian and not interested in men.

Is it just that you just enjoy human interaction with people in general? Do you have a good group of guy friends you hang out with? or are you more of a lone wolf?

Messages In This Thread