rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Australia dealt with illegal immigration

How Australia dealt with illegal immigration

This was rejected by ROK, so I decided to post it here

Illegal immigrantion is one of the favorite topics in the manosphere, as well as here on ROK. It was discussed back and forth, in multiple contexts - cultural, financial, sociological and more. Further discussions were on what to do about it, offering multiple suggestions.

That is why it is important to look at a case study more successful handling of this problem. As an Israeli, I would point to our own successful wall, but Israel is not a good case for Europe and the US. We are a small country, and the problems we face are not the same. That is why I my turn the focus to Australia.

Australia is part of the Anglosphere, has a constitution and issues similar to other western nations, and that is why it is a good case study for handling illegal immigration.

In 2013, Tony Abbot was elected PM on behalf of the Conservative liberals (I laughed too). His campaign promise was "Stop The Boats". Great minds seem to think alike, as Italy is using the same slogan. Even the EU is now thinking of adopting the Australian model.

Background
In 2001 the Norwegian freighter MV Tampa was refused enter to Australia after it rescued 433 Afghans in international waters, defying the UN "international law". This started a process in which "refugees" were first taken to Micronesia for clarifications first and then resettlement (if they meet the criteria).

[Image: Wallenius_Wilhelmsen_-_MV_Tampa.JPG]

It took several years and law legislation to start the process. However, just having laws is not enough. Before 2013, the left was in power. That meant that the law was "less enforced" and the Australian government was more "merciful". You know why? because it was headed by a woman (Julia Gillard) who was "pressured" to release migrants women and children.

How to stop immigration - Australian style
The first thing you do in order to support a policy is to commit to it, and not just verbally. This happened in 2013, as Abbot became PM. He ran under the "Stop the boats" platform and won. The next thing is to start utilizing resources, in this case - the Navy.
[Image: boatpeople-bb0jjaiuezigrwbuzi2_fct1080x8...77x380.jpg]

The Navy was mobilized to stop the boats. This  was called "Operation Sovereign Borders" in which Australia actually uphold the law excising the mainland from migration, and the other "anti-migration" laws. They also talked less and did more, reminding us of the famous moto: "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk". This is also meant keeping a lid on it. This was in order to achieve surprise (not giving info on methods so the professional smugglers won't find ways to overcome it) and also to back up the organisation involved (less press = less pressure on the people actually doing the job).

There was also a clear main principle - Nobody stays. If you were caught, you would be out of the mainland within 48 hours. This was also made clear on a dedicated YouTube channel, in multiple languages.
The current consensus on that policy is Success. That is why the usual suspects calls it Racist, inhuman, Cruel and all the regular pronouns. That did not seem to move the Ozzies one bit. That reminds us that maintaining frame is also a major part.

Conclusion
Illegal immigrants is still a major problem. I fail to see how the "multi-cultural" Europe will follow Australia. For example, the new government seeks to add something that was discussed at length on the manosphere - "Value test". This means that migrants entering Australia will need to answer questions like: "Is it OK to hit your wife?" (We know that sometime it is a good thing) or "Do you believe that democracy is a good thing?" (Again - sometimes). We all know that in order to assimilate migrants, they need to have as close as possible set of values. Good luck with that in Europe.

The Australian model is the first major step in the path to maintaining Western culture. If it is not doomed yet.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Messages In This Thread