rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What can I make out of this?

What can I make out of this?

I recently ran into a girl that I beta'd out with, hard. This was the one that prompted me to try to acquire some form of relationship. After having ghosted her following a LJBF I saw her again and she seemed very happy to see me.

Here's the story:
We met her playing D&D and started hanging out a bit. I realized that I enjoyed spending time with her and that encouraged me to actually try (prior to this I had never bothered to ask a girl out or even express interest beyond some friendly flirting). I thought I was getting some IoIs from her because although she was very scatterbrained and sometimes flaked, she would always be apologetic and try to make it up to me. She often get flustered around me over her own awkwardness. She also mentioned more than a few times that she was single.

We were getting some lunch and I shit out a few lines that I now realize were a huge mistake. "I feel like we have a deep connection," and "I'm always happy when I'm with you." In the parking lot I said to her, "I'm interested in a more intimate relationship with you," or something similarly robotic sounding. Her response was that she's asexual and let's just be friends.

Even before learning about game, I knew that was a pile of BS. So I did what I always do: I stopped communicating with her unless I had to. I kept going to the D&D game for a bit, so I saw her, I just didn't actually acknowledge her at any point outside the game. She did try to join in conversations I had with the other players, but I just didn't bite. Eventually she got the hint and neither of us acknowledged the other. I ended up leaving the game after a few weeks, so I hadn't seen her in months.

I ran into her at the comic shop yesterday and she seemed very friendly to me. "Hey there, how are you doing?" Big smile. My only response to her was "wow, you used to have nice hair," it was dyed neon green. She smiled and said "see ya."

Based on what I have read, this seems like it's salvageable. I'm past the stage of wanting to date her, but I feel like there might be an opportunity here. I deleted her number a while ago, but I know when she's going to be at the comic shop next week, so I can certainly bump into her again.

Any advice to have fun with this?

Messages In This Thread