rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old Atlantic article relates to cuckoldry

Old Atlantic article relates to cuckoldry

I just stumbled upon a very long article from The Atlantic that was published back in 2000, about people who are attracted to limb amputation. I doubt it could/would be published today because of the things the author says about transsexuals (he definitely goes against the Narrative). But I found a lot of it relevant to the sudden popular rise not only of the "trans" movement, but the almost instant popularity of the cuckold fetish.

Quote:Quote:

This is part of what Hacking is getting at, I think, when he talks about semantic contagion. The idea of having one's legs amputated might never even enter the minds of some people until it is suggested to them. Yet once it is suggested, and not just suggested but paired with imagery that a person's past may have primed him or her to appreciate, that act becomes possible...An act has been redescribed to make it thinkable in a way it was not thinkable before. Elective amputation was once self-mutilation; now it is a treatment for a mental disorder. Toss this mixture into the vast fan of the Internet and it will be dispersed at speeds unimagined even a decade ago.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...ad/304671/

"Semantic contagion" is a very interesting concept that could potentially explain a lot.

Messages In This Thread