rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Movie Club

RVF Movie Club

Quote: (11-30-2015 05:30 AM)Speculation Wrote:  

Quote: (11-05-2015 11:33 PM)LeBeau Wrote:  

Brotherhood of the Wolf: Discussion and SPOILERS

[Image: Brotherhood_of_the_Wolf_Film_Poster.jpg]

SPOILERS

I saw this last week.

I really enjoyed it. I also think that it is a bit schitzophrenic in that it combines martial arts, romance, mystery, incest, noble savage themes, but I just think its entertaining at the end of the day.

I saw this when it originally came out in the cinemas (art house run), but I was pleasantly surprised to find I didn't remember most of the plot twists.

The only big issue I have with it is the trope of the main character going full warpaint/savage mode out of nowhere to avenge his friend and miraculously developing all the same martial arts/fieldcraft that his friend had. Why didn't he go and use those skills to back up his friend when he needed help? Maybe he would still be alive.

Anyway, for all of that I wish that the director had made similar fantasy films whether based on a true story or not. It can be depressing to find these little gems of foreign films and know that there will never be more of them while hollywood churns out garbage after garbage.

That's what this thread is all about. Finding, sharing and discussing them as a community will hopefully add to the enjoyment of films we might never had seen or otherwise overlooked (That's happened for me already)

By the way I will be posting December's films tomorrow using a similar format to LeBeau's

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread