rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Refuting the "women beauty ideal changes with time" bullshit?

Refuting the "women beauty ideal changes with time" bullshit?

*Please move if dupe. Couldn't find anything with a search*

As a redpill man I should know better but I admit that my leftist education in sociology which claims everything is a social construct puts me at a disadvantage in this kind of debate.

I'm not talking about debating with feminists, ain't nobody got time for that. Sometimes this argument resurfaces even with cute thin girls. These girls can be saved from the sway of feminism, we just need to give them one convincing argument to think about.

We were having this discussion the other day and my girl pulled that bullshit again:

"but fat women were considered attractive once. Look at all those paintings from the Renaissance with fat nude women"

I told her that was just an isolated period and a more thorough analysis would still find that most beauty ideal represented throughout the ages still hold a thin women with good hip/waist ratio beautiful. She said: "yes, but that just go on to show that beauty standard change. So it can change for our time too"

I pointed out that for every painting with a fat woman there was another of a beautiful thin woman of the exact same era. Then the discussion start running around in circle.

Pretty sure we never had a sculpture/painting of a fat man as beautiful but some artists thought it was a good idea to start painting nude fatties en masse in the Renaissance era.

What would be convincing argument to give in this case, both historically, intellectually and sensically?

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread