rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life hacks 2015

Life hacks 2015

I'm 40, and a big fan of life hacks. Sometimes it takes sudden and unconventional action to change the direction of your day-to-day life. In the last several months, I've done a few, and am wondering what others have done.

I have:
  • Started going to sleep no later than 9pm.
  • Started a passive income business.
  • Started a low-carb diet.
  • Started a daily exercise routine.
  • Started learning a new language.
  • Started to learn a new musical instrument.
  • Stopped using any other method but exhaustion to fall asleep.
I have not been this happy with myself in years.

I am now falling quickly and gently asleep at 8-9pm, because I've had a nice, long, and productive day. As a result of going to sleep so early, I get up at 3-4am.

This gives me time to work on my passive income business. I've always been artistic, and have finally made use of that by designing t-shirts that I sell on ebay/etsy/skreened/others. This is generating small, positive, cash-flow. I enjoy the time I spend on the designs, so there is really no cost to this, to speak of.

I noticed my weight 140->158 @ 5.9" was starting to effect me. In the sense that I was having a harder time fitting into my dressier clothes and I honestly felt that I was being led around by my gut. With a pretty strict low-carb diet, I dropped from 157 to 143 in a month. I feel so much better. I LOOK better too because...

I now have a daily exercise routine. Simple, 20m. I do some basic stretches of each muscle in sets of about 20, and I lift some laughable 10lb weights in reps of 20 each time I walk by them. It is working, as pathetic as that sounds.

I started learning Ukranian, using Duo-Lingo. I do it via my iPhone. The fact that it switches from the standard to Cyrillic keyboard automatically makes this so easy to do. My ancestors are eastern European, so this really is rewarding, even if I have so little connection to them now.

I bought an accordion on Ebay. It cost me $50 and a little more to have serviced. I have always had a little knack for piano, and the coordination and mental energy it takes to learn to do three things at once (play piano, play bass buttons, push and pull the bellows) is a real and fun challenge. I love it, and its a great instrument. Laugh away, gents.

Finally, I've given up using any other method to fall asleep but just TIREDNESS. You all can figure out what I mean. Getting up early, waking up naturally without an alarm at 3:30-4am, has given me a natural and healthy sleep cycle. Unisom, alcohol, and other means are TOTALLY unnecessary. I am now out like a light.

I would love to hear other stories and other ideas. It is remarkable how the body adjusts when you make these kinds of changes. I am constantly amazed, and impressed.

Cheers,
Ace

Messages In This Thread