rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Propranalol and other drugs for SA/AA

Propranalol and other drugs for SA/AA

Hi all,

I suffer from mild-ish social anxiety and awkwardness. I don't suffer from a lack of confidence or self-esteem. I personally think that they are two different things, though I understand why others my disagree.

I suffer from Rosacea, so I blush very easily in social situations. It's extremely noticeable, and projects awkwardness. Throughout my life, it's pulled me back a bit in some ways. I deal with it though.

My body essentially has a strong physical reaction to the symptoms of social anxiety, e.g. fast heart rate, awkward body language.

I just got out of an LTR and landed a date with a HB8. I was nervous as its the first date I've been on in 2 plus years.

I got a script for Proporanalol, which is a beta blocker. It lowers your blood pressure, which really reduces the physical symptoms of social anxiety. It's commonly used by performers, musicians, businessmen, etc. for presentations/performances on stage.

I popped one an hour before my date, and felt very in control and comfortable. It does not alter your mental state in anyway, so you may still feel nerves. As I said, I feel confident on the inside, but my physical reaction can be misleading.

I only popped it for the first date, and recently went on a second, sober and without propranalol. I only need a boost for that first 10 minutes.

Has anyone used this or other drugs (e.g. SSRIs, Benzos, Adderral, etc.) for a short-term boost, e.g. for dealing with AA? Obviously MDMA is a super boost but the come down is not worth it.

I feel this approach can be useful for some people if used sporadically for getting numbers, and handling first dates.

Please no lectures or preaching about ''squeezing your balls and just getting it done'', etc.

Messages In This Thread