rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Psychological Benefits of Being Thankful

The Psychological Benefits of Being Thankful

I recently attended a continuing education about Positive Thinking.

The speaker described that formulating a list of things you were thankful for was actually an experimentally validated treatment for depression.

It made me think, as I drove along a highway, I looked around at all the signs, the concrete, all the work people had done in planning building and keeping this amazing thing working, something that I took for granted.

Since Manosphere writing seems to have a lot of content about pointing out the negative such as what women, or poorly socialized immigrants, or liberals do, I thought it useful to bring up how positive thinking is important and may be left behind if one focuses too much on finding the "bad guys" and "putting things right".

Just this week I had a pretty bad sore throat and went to a clinic in the Philippines where I saw a female Filipina doctor in her 50s . She was quite thorough, reminded me my blood pressure was too high and prescribed two antibiotics.

I thought about the years of experience she had--probably seeing thousands of patients and gaining the experience needed to know which particular anti-biotic would help with my throat.

I researched the antibiotic and its mechanism of action and thought about the researchers who sat in labs and figured out the optimal formulation. Years of studying science and analyzing things.

Then I saw this article about a Chinese immigrant (presumably legal, he has citizenship now) who made a painting with all of the 343 NYFD guys/gals ( I dont' know if there were any women) who died in the Twin Towers attack.

These were guys who ran INTO a burning building trying to help people get out. If you're not thankful for THAT, I don't know what would make you appreciative.

The painter said he did the painting to show his appreciation to America and and stated he never wants to leave.

That all sort of brought it together and now I wrote this essay to pass it on.

Messages In This Thread