rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Breaking into Blue Collar and Interview Tips

Breaking into Blue Collar and Interview Tips

Good Evening Gentlemen.

To make a long story short, I've been working in either retail, service, or white collar jobs my entire life (I'm twenty two so to be honest it hasn't been long) and I'm looking to break into something that'll not only net me a bit more cash, but something that will give me a better sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. To this end, I have eventually decided to pursue a welding career.

In the meantime, I need to start saving up for that welding course, and ever since I spent a week doing some odd jobs at a construction site for $15 an hour, despite having never set foot on a construction site before, I've been applying for job after job in construction, landscaping, industrial, and warehouse work. But nothing's come of the many resumes and few interviews I've had. I can't help but wonder if it's because of my lack of experience, my sub-par interview skills, something else or all of the above. To that end, I figured I'd ask the RooshV forum to compile a thread of advice both for my benefit and the benefit of anyone else in my position.

So to summarize:

-How does someone who has no experience in a field break into said field?
-What are some solid tips and techniques that someone can use in a job interview, especially for a blue collar job?
-What should a good Resume include? What about a cover letter?

Messages In This Thread