rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Possible relocation from Paris to London

Possible relocation from Paris to London

The forum has always gave me great feedback that helps me made decisions during critical points in my life, Im coming back to pick your brain on this matter. Im a young guy in this matter so its good to have the wisdom of the ancients [Image: wink.gif]

Im about to finish internship in one of the biggest market research firm in Europe. Tomorrow my boss wants to talk to me about my internship, no doubt about whether or not I’ll get hired.

I went to HR earlier and that harpy gave me the typical: “we don’t have the budget to hire anyone” Yeah right. Richest firm in Europe. Anyway, for tomorrow 3 things could happen.

I don’t get hired. Fair and dandy, just “approach” jobs like I do girls and eventually I will find one, despite how shitty the job market in France is.

I get hired, in which case RVF has a Paris lodge for all visiting members [Image: lol.gif]

I get transferred to London. My boss asked me about this few months ago that they need people for the London team. I met the English team and though they are “nice”, they are every fucking bit the corporation nightmare we talk about here. The most “fuckable” girl in their team is barely a 6 with all the attitude, a metrosexual guy, the boss is a black woman and the CEO is a French-British guy with a squeakish voice.

So the job might be horrible, not to mention I have to leave everything behind (great friends, a beautiful and feminine LTR, fuckawesome poosy paradise), but we are men, we do what we must and we must be practical. The way my boss is, I would have to give him an answer right then, so I wont have time tomorrow to come back here for advice. Better comes prepared.

A few things I would want to know:

1.Citizenship. How do people get naturalized in UK? If I got a job and stay in France for 3 more years I can get citizenship. UK citizenship would be just fine, but how hard is it to get? I read online about a whole ass craps of conditions, but maybe you guys can give me a better idea?

This so far its the biggest concern I have because I have stayed in Paris long enough that if I *just* make it for the next 4 years I might get French citizenship, because an EU/USA citizenship simply gives you so much freedom (I would keep the dual citizenship so its not like its a big deal anyway)

2.Political correctness. I lived in USA for a long time so I know how annoying this is. In Paris people give half a rat ass about political correctness. How bad is it in London?

3.Quality of girls. I know that England overall is bad, but what about London in particular? In paris I can confidently say 8/10 girls are not fat, 6 are fuckable and 4 are definitely eyecandy.

4.Career opportunity. I will be working an entry level position at our branch in London. Would slaving away for a few years in London worth it career wise? Are there lots of opportunities in London? It is certainly better than in Paris though

5.Living cost. I read an article about a guy who lives in Barcelona but flies to work in London and in the end its cheaper, just to say how horrendous the cost is. Can I expect to get my own pad in a not-so middle of nowhere for gaming purpose or is it gonna be roommate again?

Ultimately my question is that, is it worth leaving all I have here in Paris for London? I’m a young guy at 24, I’ve relocated across different countries all my life and had no problem. However, when I left Vietnam for USA, I was so excited I couldn’t wait to get on the plane. Same thing when I relocate from USA to France. But this time there’s something in me that doesn’t want to go. I never thought I would ever feel attached to a place in my life, but this time it sure does feel like so.

In the end, if it is practical to move, Im packing the bags.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread