rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

I must be getting soft as I get old, but I couldn't help feel sorry for Ahmed Best (the actor who played Jar Jar Fucking Binks) when I read this story about how he contemplated suicide following the response to his 'big break'.

'20 years next year I faced a media backlash that still affects my career today. This was the place I almost ended my life. It’s still hard to talk about. I survived and now this little guy is my gift for survival. '

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2445060...s-backlash

Imagine how he must have felt as a young actor 20 years ago when he found he'd bagged a fairly big part in the new Star Wars Prequels! Then the slow horror of realising that your big break was becoming synonymous with failure and ridicule.

Imagine telling your son that you played Jar Jar Binks. I'm not even being flippant here, I just don't know how you'd begin to approach that! You shouldn't really feel ashamed of it (he's just a jobbing actor), but as a father you would never want your son to feel bad about you. I'd probably avoid it. In case he was bullied as a result.

Horrible situation. I wish him the best and hope he at least makes a lot of good money from it with voice-overs etc.

Still hate TLJ though.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread