rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do guys prefer self-help or to hire the skills of a professional / “expert”?

Do guys prefer self-help or to hire the skills of a professional / “expert”?

Quote: (10-05-2018 08:50 PM)Seadog Wrote:  

I always get a kick out of people talking about "opportunity cost" of fixing your own plumbing or whatever. Unless you have infinitely scalable income, alongside infinitely variable hours, the opportunity cost of your time to learn these skills is likely 0. The vast majority of people either have a schedule set by someone else and consequently get paid for their 8 hours, or if self employed, when you do need to pull 20 hour days, you simply don't have the option to reduce it.

Opportunity cost or not, I can't see myself ever being in a position where I value my own time and cost per hour over doing something right the first time without leaving a mess behind and having no one else to blame for any fuckups besides myself. I'll gladly lose a few hours of sleep and/or a couple hours of work just to be absolutely sure something is done the right way, the way I want it, and looks like it was never touched or broken from the get go when it's done. There are few things I hate more in this world than fixing other people's fuckups, exponentially more so when I'm the one who foolishly paid them to fuck it up.

Messages In This Thread