rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Organizing an RVF Book Club

Organizing an RVF Book Club

There are many men who love to read here and have posted great reviews of classic books that have generated a lot of discussion.

I had the idea to get together an RVF book club. I am open to suggestions but my idea is basically this:

Have a RVF Book Club Thread. We focus on a different book each month. Via PMs we decide on very high-quality classic literature that deals with masculinity in some way that we think is enlightening. Those who have already read the book will begin the month posting their takes on the book, and those who have not can contribute by writing and discussing their impressions as they read through the book.

I would hope to focus on timeless classics that have already showed staying power, things like Greek and Roman texts, Sun Tzu, Nietzsche, Carlyle, real classics. Doing this would help us all build a stronger basis in our history and develop a stronger set of common references in our discussions here about masculinity.

After a year we will have read through 12 books and hopefully everyone will have benefitted from it.

Would anyone be interested in this? Get in touch via PM or comment here and we'll try to see who would like to help lead some discussions on some classic books and we can hopefully get started in a few days for September if there's interest.

Messages In This Thread