rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weightlifting while camping?

Weightlifting while camping?

I went through half of the pages on the Weightlifting and Fitness forum, and I couldn’t find a thread on this topic. If there is one, apologies for the double post. Only thing close that I found is The Bodyweight Workout Thread.

From that thread, someone put up this Youtube video of a "Home Workout Routine—Best Bodyweight Exercises". I like his “pull-up” exercises (linked directly here at 1:35). But they require two chairs and a broom handle. I won’t have these.

I’m going tent camping beginning Saturday for one week. I’ll have my pack (35 lbs). I won’t have:
  • any weights
  • any chairs
I’ve been lifting for the last four months. I go three times a week and 80% of my focus is on upper body. I usually do bench, incline/decline bench, triceps and pull-ups.

I’m inevitably going to lose some upper body muscle, but trying to maintain as best I can. I’d like to avoid situation where I get back to the gym and am benching 20 lbs less than I was. I intend to work out twice on this camping trip.

Right now, I’m thinking of doing push-ups with a medium arm-width, and push-ups with arms close to the body to work triceps, and shoulder press with my pack. I’m hungry for other ideas.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

Messages In This Thread