rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NY Post article a shortage of (alpha) Men

NY Post article a shortage of (alpha) Men

Quote: (08-27-2015 08:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (08-27-2015 07:44 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-27-2015 12:53 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

The "men" in the pic at the top of the article.

[Image: single_main1a.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1]

[Image: jordan.gif]

It's telling of the situation that the picture used to emphasize a shortage of men has 4 times as many "men" in it as women.

What I see is 4 men wearing messenger bags(male purses) and a woman wearing a blue dress(a traditional male color).

And the decision to shoot it from a low angle, so that the men look much shorter than the woman.

You're right about the tricks they played with the photo and I know we're on the same page, but just in case you got the wrong idea of what I was getting at, I thought I'd take a moment to expand.

My point when I say that the ratio of fairies (hence me putting "men" in quotes) to woman in the pic is "telling" is that there is no shortage of men to date, as the article implies. The real problem, as most of us already know, is that modern society and the crushing of masculinity is turning men into the opposite of what women actually find attractive (i.e. the half queers in the pic above), at least in the cities. Creating an ironic situation where women feel there is a lack of men when there really isn't at all - there's really just a lack of the characteristics they are successfully stomping out of modern men.

What I meant to say in not so many words is that from feminine, esmasculated men to guys who prefer to bang and move on, women have largely created and are perpetuating the situation. As a whole, and whether it's their fault or not, they are their own worst enemy in the U.S. dating markets, and this pic, which I guess they meant to be funny with, is a fantastic metaphor for that. None of this is news to us, which is why I didn't bother to elaborate. It's just very telling is all.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread