rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wife Hunting Abroad

Wife Hunting Abroad

Quote: (12-29-2018 02:49 AM)Malone Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2018 02:37 AM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2018 02:17 AM)Malone Wrote:  

I didn't know any English teachers in Vietnam, wasn't one and don't recommend hanging out with them.

It'd be kind of cool to have foreigner friends though. Living remote can sometimes feel like being in solitary confinement. I would consider teaching English if only to get out of the damn apartment and make some local and foreign contacts. However ephemeral those foreign contacts might be if they keep bouncing in and out of the city.

Sorry, wasn't clear there. The expat community isn't mostly English teachers. There's tons of "digital nomads" as well as guys doing non-virtual hustling. Musicians, guys rebuilding and selling custom motorcycles, import/export, you name it.

Sure, there ARE English teachers, but I didn't hang with any. It was mostly people doing "other" stuff.
Most of us English teachers just hang out with each other as well.

We're all similar backgrounds and mostly 22 to 35 years old so its just makes sense to make friends with your workmates. Especially so when theres about 30 or 40 teachers at the same centre so theres an abundance of people and parties to attend all the time.

Messages In This Thread