Roosh V Forum
Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? (/thread-9164.html)

Pages: 1 2

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Beyond Borders - 12-27-2011

Are there any older, more mature playboys out there who have lifestyle blogs?

I'm 30, and I appreciate what the guys my age and younger have done with the PUA stuff, breaking it down to an art and science. And I'm drawn to this forum especially for the international lifestyle aspect.

But I'd be real interested to read stuff by bachelors who have been there, done that for decades, and are still doing it. Let's face it - a lot of us younger men think we know what's going on but still have some big surprises coming in our futures.

Any of the seasoned cats on this forum running blogs or know of a site with good reading material? Memoir recommendations?

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Spike - 12-27-2011

me.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Beyond Borders - 12-27-2011

lol I assume you're trying to be funny, but just in case, by older I was talking about 50+. 40's at the minimum. I imagine most guys this age aren't writing blogs but surely some have busted out some books/memoirs.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - MikeCF - 12-27-2011

Read Bukowski's books.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Deluge - 12-27-2011

Quote: (12-27-2011 03:12 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Read Bukowski's books.

This. Try Woman first.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Spike - 12-28-2011

Quote: (12-27-2011 02:47 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

lol I assume you're trying to be funny, but just in case, by older I was talking about 50+. 40's at the minimum. I imagine most guys this age aren't writing blogs but surely some have busted out some books/memoirs.

Ok allright, wasn't being funny. i assumed you were looking for 30plus guys.
I'm 35.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - tenderman100 - 12-28-2011

I'm in my 50s. I have had some great bangs in my time.

I'll talk about them here from time to time, but no way am I going to blog about it, or be a memoirist. It'll all go with me to my grave.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - BoneDaddy - 12-28-2011

Quote: (12-28-2011 12:27 PM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

I'll talk about them here from time to time, but no way am I going to blog about it, or be a memoirist. It'll all go with me to my grave.

What the T-Man says. ^

I'm staring at 50 and its in no way even close to over. Stay fit, keep current, be interesting and always approach. My view is that principles that are valid when you're 25 are still valid when you're 55.

Your target audience will change, your goals for pick up may change somewhat, but the game remains the same.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Zep - 12-29-2011

I really wish the older guys would write about game. I'm 40 +, and have had 1000's of conversations with girls, but, was sooo lost as how to bring it to some sexual end.

Neil Skywalker, I just checked out your blog and the pictures. Ohhh man, that was painful. The pics, I used to live in those parts as a kid. Been to Penang, Kuala Lumpar, Singapore, Brunei. Black hair and brown skin kills me. Beautiful stuff.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - el mechanico - 12-29-2011

Quote: (12-29-2011 03:11 PM)Zep Wrote:  

I really wish the older guys would write about game. I'm 40 +, and have had 1000's of conversations with girls, but, was sooo lost as how to bring it to some sexual end.

Neil Skywalker, I just checked out your blog and the pictures. Ohhh man, that was painful. The pics, I used to live in those parts as a kid. Been to Penang, Kuala Lumpar, Singapore, Brunei. Black hair and brown skin kills me. Beautiful stuff.
I would do it. But, I do need help with the writing part. I feel that the over 40 dudes are getting socially fucked here and there's no reason for it.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Spike - 12-29-2011

All the best stories are still to come, ill be posting a lot on south east asia after new years.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Parlay44 - 12-29-2011

I just started my blog. Only have a few posts. Check in once in a while.
I promise to have some interesting content once I get rolling.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Beyond Borders - 12-29-2011

Quote: (12-29-2011 03:32 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I would do it. But, I do need help with the writing part. I feel that the over 40 dudes are getting socially fucked here and there's no reason for it.

El, I do freelance writing for a living and make money here and there with IM too - maybe we could put our heads together on something (definitely seems like a neglected niche). Or if you just want to hire someone to clean up your writing, I'm your man on that too. Just throwing it out there.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Beyond Borders - 12-29-2011

Quote: (12-28-2011 04:25 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2011 02:47 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Ok allright, wasn't being funny. i assumed you were looking for 30plus guys.
I'm 35.

Oh I got you. Yeah, I was more trying to find some info written by guys pushing senior citizen status - guys who have been traveling the world and enjoying bachelorhood their whole lives before pua was a thing (think the world's most interesting man kind of dudes lol). I've been reading a lot of stuff online about old celebrity players but not much written by them about their lives.

I'll give your blog another look though, Man - have definitely spent some time reading articles over there before.

Quote: (12-28-2011 12:27 PM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

Fair enough. [Image: smile.gif] I'll definitely be paying more attention to your posts now that I know your age. I've definitely see you post some quality stuff before.

Quote: (12-28-2011 01:45 PM)BoneDaddy Wrote:  

What the T-Man says. ^

I'm staring at 50 and its in no way even close to over. Stay fit, keep current, be interesting and always approach. My view is that principles that are valid when you're 25 are still valid when you're 55.

Your target audience will change, your goals for pick up may change somewhat, but the game remains the same.

Nice to know - that's great to hear. Do you ever have regrets for not having lived a more "traditional" lifestyle? Or are you just glad you dodged the marriage bullet (if you even did)? @Tenderman: Would be interested to see your answers on this too.

Quote: (12-29-2011 04:10 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I just started my blog. Only have a few posts. Check in once in a while.
I promise to have some interesting content once I get rolling.

How old are you Parlay, if you don't mind?

NOTE: Thanks to everyone for the Bukowski tips. He's not really what I had in mind but is indeed a legend, and you guys bringing him up has got me delving back into his poetry again. Need to get my hands on some of his books and reread them.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - el mechanico - 12-29-2011

Quote: (12-29-2011 06:11 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

El, I do freelance writing for a living and make money here and there with IM too - maybe we could put our heads together on something (definitely seems like a neglected niche). Or if you just want to hire someone to clean up your writing, I'm your man on that too. Just throwing it out there.
Where do you start? A wordpress account? A dot com? What to even call it?

Google single and in your 40s whats out there is terrible.

Quote: (12-29-2011 06:34 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2011 06:11 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Where do you start? A wordpress account? A dot com? What to even call it?

Google single and in your 40s whats out there is terrible.

Self-hosted website with your own domain, using Wordpress software, is best for a blog (you download the software from wordpress.org rather than wordpress.com).

You don't want to do a commercial site using a Wordpress.com account because they can remove it if you want - you're not supposed to sell on there. You can get away with it, but you're putting your whole business in someone else's hands and risk losing it on the drop of a dime.

el mechanico: Dictate your thoughts into your phone, this is fast, faster than writing. Once you're done, hire someone to write the thing out if you're having issues with writing.

If you want to sell a book. Just get an account with Lulu.com. They do the selling for you, they take a cut of course.

If you don't want to do that. Hire a wordpress.org designer. Just google it, they're everywhere, it's the new hot thing! It's a very cheap way to get a website up and running.

lulu.com is the easiest route by far. You send a word document to them, and pick some random cover from the selections they have available. They'll just print the word document into a book for you. I know someone who does this and saw the result. It's not perfect, but it was pretty damn good.

Quote: (12-29-2011 10:51 PM)Zep Wrote:  

el mechanico: Dictate your thoughts into your phone, this is fast, faster than writing. Once you're done, hire someone to write the thing out if you're having issues with writing.

If you want to sell a book. Just get an account with Lulu.com. They do the selling for you, they take a cut of course.

If you don't want to do that. Hire a wordpress.org designer. Just google it, they're everywhere, it's the new hot thing! It's a very cheap way to get a website up and running.

lulu.com is the easiest route by far. You send a word document to them, and pick some random cover from the selections they have available. They'll just print the word document into a book for you. I know someone who does this and saw the result. It's not perfect, but it was pretty damn good.

Thank you so much for that lulu info. I've been looking for some easy way to put my notes from work together into a print book.

Quote:Quote:

Thank you so much for that lulu info. I've been looking for some easy way to put my notes from work together into a print book.

Cool...glad I could help.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Beyond Borders - 12-30-2011

Quote: (12-29-2011 11:02 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Look up an ebook called "Amazon Publishing Secrets." I don't know if it's available anymore so you might have to download a bootleg copy, but it basically walks you step by step through how to not only self publish your book using a combination of CafePress and Amazon but also how to format it exactly like the big publishing companies do. The idea is that no one will even be able to tell it's self published.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Parlay44 - 12-30-2011

Quote: (12-30-2011 03:53 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Look up an ebook called "Amazon Publishing Secrets." I don't know if it's available anymore so you might have to download a bootleg copy, but it basically walks you step by step through how to not only self publish your book using a combination of CafePress and Amazon but also how to format it exactly like the big publishing companies do. The idea is that no one will even be able to tell it's self published.

I'm trying to lay out a business plan for myself. Publishing a book is part of it. I'd like to be able to live and work long term from Macedonia or Bulgaria and have income coming in from that. It's much much cheaper there plus I have family.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - el mechanico - 12-30-2011

Quote: (12-30-2011 03:53 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Thanks for the ideas. I'm not sure if I were to try this if it should be a group of stories or more of a help guide. Who do you think?

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Beyond Borders - 12-30-2011

Quote: (12-30-2011 03:58 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Thanks for the ideas. I'm not sure if I were to try this if it should be a group of stories or more of a help guide. Who do you think?

I think info product is the way to go - advice and how to. It's more marketable and info products are huge these days. With memoirs or collections of stories it's hard to sell the stuff unless you've already built up a name somehow. That said, you could build a readership with those kind of stories on a blog and then create an info product later.

Also, if you go the dictation route, check out a computer software program called "Dragon Naturally Speaking." It's speech to text. Takes a while to train it to your voice but it gets better with time. I think it's a bit pricey but I picked it up in Thailand for about six bucks, so maybe you could look in the software chop shops while traveling.

Any Old Players Out There With Lifestyle Blogs/Memoirs? - Parlay44 - 12-30-2011

@Beyond Borders ...Bittorrent dude [Image: wink.gif]