Roosh V Forum
Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? (/thread-73068.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - partyfowl - 05-04-2019

I am fascinated by generations and how different generations react to different generations. I'm no overt boomer fan but they will win me over any millennial. I say this because while the boomers did start stuff, millennials could've righted the wrongs but instead they leaned into them. Plus look at what millennials have that a lot of boomers didn't, boomers didn't have birth control until late 60s or so and abortions until the early 70s. Literally EVERY millennial has had access to abortion. While millennials are on average poorer than their parents. Plenty of millennials are pulling in 6 figures literally playing video games (and yet they still refuse to have kids). I don't know why millennials will be like boomers if they hated them that much

What are your thoughts on this phenomena?

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - Foolsgo1d - 05-04-2019

Im not even going to bother with such a travesty of a post. Reeks of some Gen X'er or an older millennial whose had a good step up in life and I am in the odler millennial category myself.

Plus look at what millennials have that a lot of boomers didn't, boomers didn't have birth control until late 60s or so and abortions until the early 70s.

This is something a woman would sperg on about and not some guy in his mid-late 20s and his early 30s who has a mortgage on a property which in the early 2000s was less than a third of what it is now.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - partyfowl - 05-04-2019

wow, you're pretty aggressive for someone who hated the post. I was just asking people's points and you just went "LOL you're stupid and don't sound like a real man."

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - Johnnyvee - 05-04-2019

Quote: (05-04-2019 12:00 PM)partyfowl Wrote:  

I am fascinated by generations and how different generations react to different generations. I'm no overt boomer fan but they will win me over any millennial. I say this because while the boomers did start stuff, millennials could've righted the wrongs but instead they leaned into them. Plus look at what millennials have that a lot of boomers didn't, boomers didn't have birth control until late 60s or so and abortions until the early 70s. Literally EVERY millennial has had access to abortion. While millennials are on average poorer than their parents. Plenty of millennials are pulling in 6 figures literally playing video games (and yet they still refuse to have kids). I don't know why millennials will be like boomers if they hated them that much

Millennials are pretty much as indoctrinated, if not more, than what the boomers where. It`s taken on a different iteration, but it`s basically the same shit still. Everything follows downstream from the Zionist-Marxist-Feminist-Globalist etc agenda.

Thx to the internet mostly, there are some pockets of alternate (based in the real world you might say) thinkers and movements out there. But we shouldn`t forget that we are a relatively small minority still. I don`t think that most people who voted Trump/pro Brexit really understood the inner workings of todays political world and power games, and they where for the most part not millennials either.

The fertility rates in the developed world will continue to fall, as the totally brainwashed millennials and younger generations come of age. This is not really a big problem in and of itself. The problem is the replacement of Europeans/whites via immigration that takes place in the wake of lower fertility rates. Remember that the real fertility rates, that continue to fall in pretty much all Western countries, are in reality lower than what the statistics show, (1.5 children per woman in the Euro zone per 2015, lower than that currently.) since they do distinguish between ethnicities. So all in all, we can`t expect millennials to save us from this situation.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - Disco_Volante - 05-04-2019

Most millennials can't articulate HOW boomers screwed them over, so they're incapable of fixing it anyways. Or the reasons why 1950-1990 America had a higher quality of life for normal citizens.

I'd say boomers are a bit less delusional than millennials, but boomers reaped the rewards of place and time.

Edit: Is not having kids almost exclusively a white phenomena? liberal and conservative young whites aren't having kids. Do other races simply not care about the financial hardship? Or are whites too concerned about the financial part?

Quote: (05-04-2019 12:51 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  

Millennials are pretty much as indoctrinated, if not more, than what the boomers where. It`s taken on a different iteration, but it`s basically the same shit still. Everything follows downstream from the Zionist-Marxist-Feminist-Globalist etc agenda.

Oh I know, and again the tech advances have only made it easier for them to avoid responsibility

Quote:Quote:

Thx to the internet mostly, there are some pockets of alternate (based in the real world you might say) thinkers and movements out there. But we shouldn`t forget that we are a relatively small minority still. I don`t think that most people who voted Trump/pro Brexit really understood the inner workings of todays political world and power games, and they where for the most part not millennials either.

Agreed, plus one must realize that it's not Hillary Clinton was a good candidate. Most of her votes were out of spite for Trump, not actually liking her. To be united in ire is no union at all.

The fertility rates in the developed world will continue to fall, as the totally brainwashed millennials and younger generations come of age. This is not really a big problem in and of itself. The problem is the replacement of Europeans/whites via immigration that takes place in the wake of lower fertility rates. Remember that the real fertility rates, that continue to fall in pretty much all Western countries, are in reality lower than what the statistics show, (1.5 children per woman in the Euro zone per 2015, lower than that currently.) since they do distinguish between ethnicities. So all in all, we can`t expect millennials to save us from this situation.

Agreed, and I find it really weird that even right wing millennials are opting out of having kids. It's textbook hypocrisy IMO if you insist people have kids but you don't have or want them yourself. Granted I'm slowly starting to never trust a woman who's over 30 and childless.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - debeguiled - 05-04-2019

Because they are literally the same as Boomers.

[Image: Don%25252527t%25252520trust%25252520anyo...gmax%3D800]

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - MrLemon - 05-04-2019

Look, it doesn't really matter what the boomers think. They (we) are on our way out...in a decade, the boomers like me will be old doddering fools living in Florida or dead. Millennials will write our history.

Nothing you say or argue here is going to change the minds of the millennials. They believe what they believe.

And what they believe is this: the boomers are the rotten bunch of traitorous thieving narcissistic scum who sold the USA into to debt to finance lavish lifestyles.

That is what the history books will say.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - BortimusPrime - 05-04-2019

Boomer Advantages:
-Bought houses for $10k that are worth $1M now.
-Undergrad humanities degrees actually qualified them for white collar jobs.
-Being the largest voting bloc ensures all entitlement programs target them preferentially.
-They profit from illegal immigrants rather than being forced to compete with them. This ranges from boomer business owners and managers hiring illegals to little things like hiring a Mexican to mow your lawn instead of your neighbor's teenage kid.

Millennial Advantages:
-Learned to peck at computer screens from a young age.
-Are allowed to take on ridiculous levels of debt for now-worthless education.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - Grit - 05-04-2019

My grandma married at 16, loved her husband in marriage as a housewife for 50+ years until his death, and she told me that she misses him and would do it all over again the exact same way.

Today society preaches dozens of reasons why women should wait for marriage and why men are criminals for not wanting to put a ring on a 30 year old slore, the exact opposite of the most successful relationships like my grandma’s.

I doubt society will ever return to celebrating young marriage, or better put, valuing young women for their ability to become a mother and housewife.

Until this turns around, it’s really apples and oranges comparing boomers to millenial.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - SW15 - 05-04-2019

I'm an older Millennial. Millennials were generally the children of Boomers.

I'm not a left wing Millennial.

The Millennials are a pretty bad generation. In general, they weren't deal a great hand to begin with but haven't really done much all that great either. If you take all the worst stereotypes of Gen X and amplify and proliferate them, you have Millennials. Millennials were a much bigger cohort than Gen X.

I'll agree that they are generally Boomers 2.0, but with far fewer advantages and more toxic personalities.

I'm an older Millennial. Millennials were generally the children of Boomers.

I'm not a left wing Millennial.

The Millennials are a pretty bad generation. In general, they weren't deal a great hand to begin with but haven't really done much all that great either. If you take all the worst stereotypes of Gen X and amplify and proliferate them, you have Millennials. Millennials were a much bigger cohort than Gen X.[/quote]

True, there's definately A LOT of Gen Xers that try to pass to millennials and I can see how they come off that way. Especially when it comes to the degenerates who have a massive chip on their soldier and think sex is the be all end all of life.

I'll agree that they are generally Boomers 2.0, but with far fewer advantages and more toxic personalities.

Exactly, I've literally NEVER met a boomer with the "pull up yourself up by yer bootstraps." Literally the only generation I hear that is older Gen X or my own millennials who mock boomers.

BTW this post was very insightful especially from a fellow older Millennial.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - nomadbrah - 05-04-2019

I see millennials as those who were sold the boomer dream, but never got to live it.

Gen X got to live a boomer-lite lifestyle in the 1980s and early 90s. Gen Z was born post 9-11 and Never Ending War. Millennials were born during the 80s, but when they came off age, 9-11 happened and the world changed for good.

I think a lot of millennials lived their life thinking the 70s/90s was just around the corner still. Their motivation is a return to the ironic, carefree, drug and degeneracy fueled 90s of their teens. Not gonna happen, so this leads to resentment.

In terms of generational theory the 90s were the 60s were the 20s were the 1890s.

Being an older millennial, I more lament that the 80s turned into the 90s. In a parallel world, the 80s would have split off into their own timeline and we would never have had the 90s.

I agree, you also have to remember that Gen Xers hate boomers not on principal like most millennials do (as only older millennials have boomer parents) but ALL Gen Xers have had boomer parents so it's far more personal.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - debeguiled - 05-04-2019

Maybe they resent parents who never really grew up and are still listening to their high school music thirty years later.

Look at these poor kids. They appear to have been forced to have a working knowledge of music that goes back at least 50 years.

If my parents made me listen to their music growing up I would have gone insane. You can see the rising madness in their forced enthusiasm.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - CynicalContrarian - 05-04-2019

A great deal of resentful or angst laden behaviour from any person can be attributed to self-loathing &/or envy.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - mickeyd - 05-04-2019

this is mental masturbation. Generations have trends but they are not monoliths. If youre not steering the ship you had better get yourself a life raft instead of screaming "iceberg!" all day.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - JoeSomebody - 05-04-2019

Quote: (05-04-2019 12:59 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

Most millennials can't articulate HOW boomers screwed them over, so they're incapable of fixing it anyways. Or the reasons why 1950-1990 America had a higher quality of life for normal citizens.

I'd say boomers are a bit less delusional than millennials, but boomers reaped the rewards of place and time.

Edit: Is not having kids almost exclusively a white phenomena? liberal and conservative young whites aren't having kids. Do other races simply not care about the financial hardship? Or are whites too concerned about the financial part?

This last question struck me, Disco....something I think about often. The answer is both simple and not so simple, with a few different layers...

Not having kids I wouldn't say is strictly a white phenomena. It's more so a sign of the times. HOWEVER, it seems to have the biggest universal affect on whites the most. Let me try and articulate my point.

I've casually dated/fucked predominantly Latina women in my life who are either the first born in the US, or from their respective countries. Latin people generally believe in big family units and it's rare that some sort of extended family is not within 1 to 30 miles from them. Simply put, they have the SUPPORT OF EXTENDED FAMILY to help them raise a child. Whether is comes in the form of finance, babysitting, etc. Whites have the highest degree of INDIVIDUALITY of any race, thus they do not have the support of the community/family the way a Latin does or other races for that matter. You can make a case for ethnic whites living in enclaves but even that is dying a quick death. Whites do mention finance a lot with when pertaining to kids as they tend to want their kids in the best schools, have good food, vacations, play expensive travel sports, and all of these things cost a good chunk of change. Factor in that whites generally live in better areas and as a result have higher taxes, higher home prices, and higher cost of living in general. When you add all these up, the white upper-middle class family who makes 100k as a household with two kids does not have much left over, Thus, most whites do not see it as practical to have a boatload of kids. Whites are VERY concerned about finances generally speaking, and it factors into their lack of baby making.

Let's contrast that with Latinos, a group that eventually will win the demographics game...

They generally have the help of the extended family, they don't necessarily have to have the best of everything, and have larger rates of group think/let's help one another out than whites do. A lot of them live in the same house/apartment as the extended family whereas for a white, that is something that rarely happens. Let's look at Dominicans in the NYC area for example, as it's a group I know all too well for better or worse. Its rare that you run into a girl in the 18-35 year old range who doesn't have at least ONE kid. A lot of these girls came to the US very young or are first generation. They live in the same building as their folks, hell sometimes in the same apartment. Mom and dad are there to watch the kid a lot if needs be, so they will never really be on their own raising a kid. Mom and dad generally come from a big family too. They aren't exactly concerned about top notch food, so Doritos, McDonald's, and rice and beans from the local bodega find their way into the kids mouths at a relatively cheap price. A lot of them live in rent controlled residences that their parents got in the 80s and 90s and are paying the same price as 30 years ago or living under their parents of family members roof for free. There's a lot on welfare getting food stamps and living in section 8 housing as well. This is something most whites would NEVER do. These people in my eyes have less of a sense of personal pride along with lose morals and will take anything they can get from anyone at any cost. Contrast this with most whites, who are more of a merit based race than others. White individuality/morality will be their penultimate death essentially. Head to the Bronx or Washington Heights and you will see a shitload of young moms (single or not) pushing baby strollers with MULTIPLE kids. Go to the burbs and you simply do not see this in the same way you would in the aforementioned places.

In short: Whites are way too concerned about the financial part of children, other groups aren't and some of those reasons are mentioned above. It really is that simple.

Demographics is destiny....

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - eradicator - 05-04-2019

Quote: (05-04-2019 12:59 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

Social Security.

I'm not a millennial. But we are all fucked by the retiring boomers. We have a right to be annoyed with boomers. We are paying for their retirement and are not going to get any social security. How is this not a scam?

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - [email protected] - 05-04-2019

Nice bait OP. Older millennial here (36).

The boomers are generally nice people but it can't be denied that their generation has set the precedent in a way that have benefited them at the expense of their children and grandchildren.

Take for example, entitlements like social security. They are the top of the pyramid in this literal Ponzi scheme. They get theirs and their children and grandchildren have to pay for it. Since there aren't enough children being produced they use mass immigration to keep the scam going. Boomers win and the rest of us are holding the bag with the time bomb.

Student loans for all. Use government backed bank loans to give everyone a college experience and undercut and destroy the value of a degree and saddle them with a mortgage sized debt to pay that can't be discharged in bankruptcy. Boomers didn't even need college for a high paying job but millennials need it to sling coffee while paying off their 6 figure student loans while sharing an apartment.

Housing bubble. This is similar to the student loan bubble where the banks did everything in their power to lend insane levels of debt to people. The consequence was higher and higher house prices since people were able to borrow more money. Housing became something to speculate on rather than a place to live in. Since the mid 2000's homes are unaffordable to most millennials and they now live with their parents or live in house shares with other people. The boomers solo bought their homes for 10's of thousands of dollars only working 2-3 years to pay off the house while the millennials are looking at 30 year mortgages to pay for their 7 figure house with a combine income. It amazes me that nobody is aware of this.

No fault divorce. Welfare state. Housing bubble. Bank bailouts. Mass immigration. There's a long list of crimes against humanity and I've only listed something like 10% of it. The basic premise is that boomers ascended after the rubble of the war and proceeded to burn the ladder for the rest of us.

Boomers practices ought to be resented but luckily for them the vast majority of millennials are too ignorant or too stupid to figure out the many ways their have been fleeced and, worse yet, perpetuate the same boomer scams into the future intact with all but a few minor tweaks instead of just overhauling the entire system. A good example of this is student loans. The average millennial now understands the government backed student loan system has ended in disaster. Anyone with a pulse knows that 1-200k+ loan debt for a basket weaving degree is clown world. Instead of talking about getting government out of the equation or making the loans dischargeable in bankruptcy they opt for keeping everything the same but focusing their efforts on getting concessions on the payments so their loans don't go into default. They fight for income based repayments and paying small percentages from their salary after it reaches a certain threshold like 50k/ year. That's millennial innovation folks! Keep the same same broken system that makes everyone slaves but instead focus on slave rights.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - Fortis - 05-04-2019

Let's look at what boomers have that millenials didn't:

1. Affordable universities
2. A truly booming economy
3. The ability to feed their families with a single 40-hour a week unskilled labor job
4. Affordable housing prices in places where real jobs actually are and not seasonal boom town jobs that may only be around for 2-3 years and then they're gone.
5. Feminine women who were shamed for feminist indoctrination or being fat.
6. Masculine role models who were held up as standards for what men should aspire to.
7. The ability to actually get shit done via protest and a government that respected the voice of the people.
8. Jobs with benefits.
9. women worthy of marriage so you didn't need to abort the mistake.
10. retirement funds and pensions that are being paid for by the "lazy" millennials.

The other side of this is how the fuck would the average human being know what to do in this economy? We're experiencing a drastic shift in the way that money is made and work is done. Take your average boomer and make them a kid in this era and they'd be used as fucked as a millennial. There isn't anything special about boomers, they were little born into wealth and affluence.

I'll admit that the generations before the boomers were made of sterner stuff given what they went through, but what bad times have the boomers really seen? Boomers are easily the most coddled generation to have ever existed on this earth. They try to spin it like they gave millennials everything, but what did they give us other than debt?

Millennials have had to innovate and move beyond that model since it's increasingly not how things are.

This is why Boomers are panicking over millennials just dropping out, going our own way or giving up. They need more people to feed into their crony system or their precious pensions dry up and go, poof. But this just underlines the extreme selfishness of boomers. They literally shit on the people that they fucked over when they raided the cookie jar and everyone buys it hook, line and sinker.

I find it interesting that a forum so interested in conspiracy theories is so eager to shit on the age group that really was just born into all this nonsense. Bottom line: Millennials aren't the conservative, right-wingers that you want them to be? Whose fault is that?

Where were all these great conservative icons trying to make things better for millennials and show them a better way? The only advice you ever get from these guys is, "poor people are absolute shit. Back in my day we just worked 20 hours a day and walked 15 miles to make 4 dollars an hour" bootstrapping drivel. These guys absolutely disdain helping others and wonder why the younger generation doesn't see things the way they do.

Our corporate overlords raided the cabinets and now they're wondering why all the younger people want a different system? For a group of supposedly enlightened intellectuals, boomers are sometimes the most clueless, spoiled people of all.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - Fortis - 05-04-2019

delete

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - rpg - 05-04-2019

Millennials might whine alot but Gen X got fucked right up the ass by boomers.
Ask how many Xers were going nowhere working for greedy boomers and then HAD to break out and start their own businesses to make a reasonable living. Then boomers vilified the Xers as the devil for not showing loyalty. Fuck those selfish Hawaiian shirt wearing beer belly toting fucksticks. And their warpig exwives.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - bgbusiness - 05-04-2019

IDK what the point of this thread even is.
The world doesn't change just because you want it to change.

You need power/status/money to have a somewhat of impact in the world.
Accept the reality as it is, not as you wish it to be.

Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? - MrLemon - 05-04-2019

Quote: (05-04-2019 09:34 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

Take your average boomer and make them a kid in this era and they'd be used as fucked as a millennial. There isn't anything special about boomers, they were little born into wealth and affluence.

As a boomer, I agree this is completely true. Whenever a boomer tells you how hard their lives were...throw a drink in their face. It's such bullshit. Sure we didn't have cell phones, but by every other measure, we were handed the sweetest deal by our hardworking WW2 parents. We proceeded to blow that sweetness, being the lazyest drug-taking hippy fucks in the history of the human race. Then we boobytrapped the entire US economy to make you millenials/xers into our personal slaves.

We were given low cost, affordable housing. Intentionally kept low cost so we could buy. We proceeded to inflate those housing costs insanely, so that we could have massive capital gains profits to blow on our retirement, all paid for by you poor suckers who have to spend the next 30 years slaving to pay the huge payments. To us!

We were given low cost, affordable high quality colleges. Intentionally kept low cost and high quality so we as middle class people could get an education with ZERO DEBT if we worked a few part time jobs. We have loaded those universities with masses of rent-seeking liberal administrators, and jacked the salaries of management 3X faster than inflation. So you kids will spend you whole lives in debt to pay for our pension plans.

Every single measure the WW2 generation used to make the Amerian middle class affordable for the average citizen, we baby boomers have utterly corrupted to feed our desire to retire and go on fancy eco-cruises.

While our granddaughters -- literally -- are forced to turn tricks on SeekingArrangments to pay their college loans back.

The depth of depravity and immorality of the baby boomer generation will be written about in history books for a thousand years. Ok, well maybe 50 years. Let's not overdo it. but it's bad enough.