Roosh V Forum
Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab (/thread-72501.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Vladimir Poontang - 02-27-2019

Gab have created a chrome extention that allows anyone with a gab account to comment on any page on the internet. Yes, that includes youtube videos or blog posts where the comments are disabled. It's completely independent.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/02/2...-internet/

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/nexq...k-comments

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...gdcdmcllbo

https://dissenter.com/

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - DarkTriad - 02-27-2019

Truly disruptive technology if workable. And even if it's not workable it may inspire something that is.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Teedub - 02-27-2019

Absolutely fantastic if this takes off. We're living in truly odd times. Physical gulags aren't needed anymore, just ban someone from all technology (including money) and their life is ruined. This is the first step in fighting back, using complete freedom of speech - especially in places they don't want it.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - RatInTheWoods - 02-27-2019

Fantastic, simple idea to shutdown the censorship, it will become the cool thing to have, as people like to see whats going on and FOMO will inspire people to install it and participate.

We still need opensource facebook, google etc to truly win the war

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Manbeline - 02-27-2019

What a great idea. You can link to a specific source and be free from any censorship. To see this just after the Rotten Tomato fiasco is a real joy.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - The Beast1 - 02-27-2019

Ha, I totally had this idea as an app. Glad to see someone actually did it.

Hope to see news services included as well.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - CynicalContrarian - 02-27-2019

Without the Chrome extension. Would other folk even see the 'Dissenter' comments?

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Topher - 02-27-2019

Quote: (02-27-2019 11:19 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Without the Chrome extension. Would other folk even see the 'Dissenter' comments?

I downloaded the extension and commented on a youtube video with disabled comments. My comment shows up on Gab but not on youtube. There is not much of a point to the app if the comments are not public.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - CynicalContrarian - 02-27-2019

Quote: (02-27-2019 11:35 PM)Topher Wrote:  

I downloaded the extension and commented on a youtube video with disabled comments. My comment shows up on Gab but not on youtube. There is not much of a point to the app if the comments are not public.

That's what I was thinking. Great for 'Gab' folk to comment on other sites. Yet I doubt you could impose comments on the coding of a third party website to the point where non 'Dissenters' can see it.

If Trump got onto Dissenter & started commenting on third party sites. That may boost it's use.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Valentine - 02-28-2019

This already exists from a large non-profit organisation called Hypothes.is:

[Image: CANMIcp.png]

Their implementation is much better since it's open-source (so anyone could fork and host it), there's several different types of private or public group options, and you can access the annotation sidebar in 3 different ways (browser extension; the Via web proxy e.g. https://via.hypothes.is/https://www.roos...72501.html or if the website itself integrates the Hypothesis plugin e.g. The Plant Cell science journal).

Personally I don't think Dissenter or Hypothesis is all that great though until they build it on blockchain technology - these are both still centralised platforms, so comments can still be censored because they're not immutable. An enterprising sort would do well if they could reimplement this on a scalable blockchain like Steem.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Roosh - 02-28-2019

Chrome keeps uninstalling the Dissenter extension. It has done it twice now.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Roosh - 02-28-2019

Nevermind I figured it out... I was deleting the extension folder after installation.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Once Was Not - 02-28-2019

Is Gab still legitimate? I heard they really clamped down on the Jew stuff after that Pennsylvania incident with the guy posting a ton of stuff on the site beforehand. I mean, if that's all it takes to control their content then how much can one really rely on them? I'm quite skeptical now. All it takes is a couple more totally real and legitimate incidents where the perp conveniently spewed shit on their site right before and then suddenly it's CivNat twitter. I feel like any alternative platform that starts getting too strong/popular/influential will just be false-flagged into irrelevancy.

But, hey, I am all for anything that destroys twitter, that cesspool needs to die.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Leonard D Neubache - 03-01-2019

Twitter will never die. It's an outreach arm of Big Brother and no matter how badly their stock tanks or their user base gets censored out of existence it will be the defacto minimal-character information outlet of the deep state.

I signed up for an account and followed Roosh to start throwing likes at his posts. It took five minutes for them to lock my account for "suspicious activity" and demand a phone number if I wanted to unlock it.

As Roosh says, Twitter exists as a tool for the middle-managers of Left wing tyranny to direct their shock troops at street level and direct narratives for the lesser MSM branches.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Once Was Not - 03-01-2019

Quote: (03-01-2019 05:35 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Twitter will never die. It's an outreach arm of Big Brother and no matter how badly their stock tanks or their user base gets censored out of existence it will be the defacto minimal-character information outlet of the deep state.

I signed up for an account and followed Roosh to start throwing likes at his posts. It took five minutes for them to lock my account for "suspicious activity" and demand a phone number if I wanted to unlock it.

As Roosh says, Twitter exists as a tool for the middle-managers of Left wing tyranny to direct their shock troops at street level and direct narratives for the lesser MSM branches.

Woah, I guess it's no surprise they have their shit together at this point to where they can find a wrongthinker that quickly. I've never had an account so I didn't know about that phone number thing. It probably helps build the metadata profile of people that ISPs and data collectors like Google are surely doing.

Agreed that it's essentially an organizational tool for the left to issue orders and control narrative. Probably the most effective rallying tool on a global level for political propaganda. I guess the best we can hope for is the right and it's entire base to stop trying to cohabitate with the left on their platforms and their turf and their massive corporations. Gab may not be perfect but if everyone right of center migrated there overnight it would be a million times more meaningful than tweeting how dumb AOC and libtards are on twitter.

It's beyond clear we need our own spaces, soon it won't be just social media and content creation but our financial services will be locked when they link that profile from your online activity with mastercard and visa and AE and your bank and your local police...

How long do we have? How many elections left until the unpersoning happens? I hope I'm ready in time.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - BBinger - 03-01-2019

What's so hard about blogging that keeps people from setting up their own blogs and keeping their content on platforms they control? Why do people continue to insist on feeding their enemies (Google, Twitter, Facebook, Discus) free content or retreating to ghettos filled of fed posters and enemies looking for low hanging fruit to hang you with (Gab).

Step One: Admit you will always be powerless if you try to engage SV Soy on their own turf.
Step Two: Come to believe you can make your own personal platform the center of your online life.
Step Three: Fire up some web hosting with some blog software and take back your internet

At this point the rest of the path unfolds like revelation. You can comment on other people's blogs. You can continue engaging in well moderated forums like this one. However, with your own blog you carve out a place on the internet to plant your flag and do what you want to. Do you want to publish your notes from reading one of the great books? Go ahead. If discussion and rereading change your perspective on the text, that's another post. Do you want to post memes with politician's heads shoop'd onto reptiles fucking? Go for it.

People need to stop feeding the walled gardens whether they are overtly hostile like Twitter or declare themselves friendly and end up hostile by attracting a bunch of FBI influence agents like Gab.

A forum like this, great place to engage with people having similar interests. Gab throwing a Pokemom Go style overlay over the internet through a browser extension? I don't see the appeal.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - DarkTriad - 03-01-2019

Quote: (02-28-2019 12:47 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Nevermind I figured it out... I was deleting the extension folder after installation.

Don't worry, Google will figure it out eventually and make your other post accurate. Give them time. Rome wasn't broken in a day.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - [email protected] - 03-01-2019

This effectively means it will be impossible to ban people from forums, including this one. ROK won't need to rely on Disqus anymore since everyone will be using a Gab Dissenter extension on their web browser. This will change the internet.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Vladimir Poontang - 03-01-2019

The desired effect is to force real public debate. But it will only have the desired effect if it remains the only or biggest player. But that's not going to happen, because sooner or later others will create their own version. Then it will be just one of many, just as there are countless forums with their own rules, and no one will care what anyone says on some other version as they'll have their own to comment on. Righties will comment on Dissenter, and lefties will comment on whatever they come up with, and everyone will still be talking to themselves.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - RawGod - 03-01-2019

Quote: (03-01-2019 07:16 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

Righties will comment on Dissenter, and lefties will comment on whatever they come up with, and everyone will still be talking to themselves.

Bring on the day when instead of trying to beg a seat at the "mainstream" left-owned table, fully half the society has ghosted and gone to Dissenter or alternatives. Yes the sides won't be talking to each other, but once it's clear that the main platforms have little effect on half the people, the dynamic will have changed. Aside, I have long held that the right has to practice ostracism of the left and favoritism of their own in things like hiring and business patronage. Dismiss your enemies in conversation like an antifa does who thinks he has identified a "nazi". You have nothing to lose, and it feels good, man.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - komatiite - 03-01-2019

If you get banned from Twitter for the suspicious activity and then they demand a phone number then just send a message to Support and say you cannot afford a Cellular Phone. Your account will be reactivated shortly

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Leonard D Neubache - 03-02-2019

Quote: (03-01-2019 11:52 PM)komatiite Wrote:  

If you get banned from Twitter for the suspicious activity and then they demand a phone number then just send a message to Support and say you cannot afford a Cellular Phone. Your account will be reactivated shortly

Tried. So far I've been ignored twice over two weeks.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - mpr - 03-27-2019

I downloaded the Gab Dissenter plugin. It seems to work very well. If this hits a critical mass of users it will be a game changer.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Belgrano - 04-12-2019

Google, Mozilla Blacklist Gab’s ‘Dissenter’ Free Speech Browser Extension

Quote:Quote:

Both Google and Mozilla have banned Gab’s Dissenter.com extension from their browsers’ extension stores. Dissenter’s mission is to bring a free speech comment system to every site on the Internet.

The developers at Gab recently launched a new platform called Dissenter, which acts as a comment system for every website on the internet. Dissenter has a web interface, but also created an extension for popular web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Now both companies, which together hold a large majority of the PC browser market, have blacklisted the Dissenter extension from their browser extension galleries.

The issue was first noted by Gab and Dissenter founder Andrew Torba who posted the email he received from Mozilla to Twitter, the tweet can be seen below:

Dissenter is a brand-new product with one primary rule – people can exercise their First Amendment rights online in plain text. Apparently @Mozilla regards this as a violation of their terms of service. pic.twitter.com/OisY19H7aI
— Dissenter.com ?Gab.com (@getongab) April 10, 2019

Approximately 24 hours later, Google reached out to inform Torba that the Dissenter extension was also being removed from the Chrome extension store:

Like clockwork, Google Chrome has removed Dissenter from the Chrome Extension Store.
You want to talk about collusion?
Chrome and Firefox have 75% of web browser market share. Just a coincidence that within 24 hours they both remove Dissenter, right? pic.twitter.com/BbdtKX0OAi
— Dissenter.com ?Gab.com (@getongab) April 11, 2019

Breitbart News reached out to Torba for comment on Dissenter’s removal from the extension store, Torba told Breitbart News: “Gab is the home of free speech online. The company allows all speech that is protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Because of this, Gab’s Dissenter extension was, yesterday, ejected without cause from the Google and Mozilla Extension Stores. This is the most recent example of a months-long coordinated campaign to eject Gab from as many corners of the Internet as possible. Our crowdfunding platform, StartEngine, kicked us off of their platform last month, and is refusing to return $150,000 in fees we paid to them. We plan to sue.”

Torba noted that this isn’t the first time that sites like Gab and Dissenter have faced blacklisting by tech firms: “Payments companies like Paypal, Stripe, Square, Cash App, Coinbase, and Bitpay have all booted us off. Microsoft Azure, Joyent, GoDaddy, Apple, Google’s Android store, and other infrastructure providers, too, have denied us service, all because we refuse to censor user-generated content that is within the boundaries of the law.”

But Torba and the rest of the Gab and Dissenter teams don’t plan to give up just yet, instead, they plan to release their own web browser: “We now plan to fork the Chromium browser and enter into the browser market with a new offering that puts free speech and users first. We will also build an app store for this browser that doesn’t discriminate against anyone and puts users, their privacy, and their freedom first.”

The Dissenter extension can still be installed directly from the Dissenter.com website but is no longer available in the Mozilla or Chrome extension stores.

Sad, but not surprising.

Dissenter chrome extension, by Gab - Handsome Creepy Eel - 04-12-2019

Instead of making their own browser, they should simply promote Brave.