Roosh V Forum
Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? (/thread-72250.html)

Pages: 1 2

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Trooper - 02-05-2019

In london bars and pretty much every club scan your id. ID is supposed to show if you're above the age of 18 or 21.

But now all these clubs want to scan your ID even if you're a 40 year old or they won't let you in.

Some clubs even take a picture of your face in their machine.

Its actually the local authorities that make them do this or the club won't be given a license.

Has this spread to the rest of the world?

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - scotian - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 02:06 PM)Trooper Wrote:  

In london bars and pretty much every club scan your id. ID is supposed to show if you're above the age of 18 or 21.

But now all these clubs want to scan your ID even if you're a 40 year old or they won't let you in.

Its actually the local authorities that make them do this or the club won't be given a license.

It's been used here in Canada for at least the past decade, mostly in night clubs and bars frequented by the under 30 crowd to keep out known trouble makers and gang members. Personally I stopped frequenting such places, not because of the Id'ing but to stay away from the retards that go to them, I'm more of a pub guy or if I feel like dancing, a salsa spot.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - JimBobsCooters - 02-05-2019

Been in Australia since at least 2005, I want to say it was around in 2002 even but I can't remember.

They use it to identify anyone who causes trouble in the venue, banned people and confirmed fake IDs.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 02-05-2019

In many places like this, they are forced to do it, because the police can come in and demand proof that everybody has ID, even obviously older people. If anybody doesn't have their ID with them and is drinking alcohol, the police can fine the establishment.

It's not about the drinking establishment verifying your age. It's about the government forcing people to have valid ID with them at all times. That's also why any place with rules like this will not accept an expired ID.

You are correct to call it Orwellian. When I was a kid, you'd see movies or TV shows where the Nazis or Soviets would stop somebody on the street for no reason, and demand their papers. At the time, any American seeing this immediately recognized the trope of an oppressive government like the Nazis in comparison with America, where we had freedom and liberty.

Those days are gone.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - The Catalyst - 02-05-2019

I don't remember seeing this in NZ.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - tomzestatlu - 02-05-2019

Eastern Europe, the only reason to check ID is if you look under 18. Some clubs don´t even care how old are you.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Days of Broken Arrows - 02-05-2019

This is annoying, but easily solved. Just don't go to places that do this. Have people over to your place.

If enough people did this, the alcohol lobby (which is probably more powerful than the Vatican) would petition governmental bodies to ease up on I.D. rules in bars.

The real trouble is coming down the pike, as the Microsoft Morons and Amazon Assholes advocate a "cashless society." If this happens, your every purchase will be known by the corporate state/government (I put these two things together because they're merging as one).

And then the day will come when you get fired from your job and/or thrown off your health insurance policy because you bought too many drinks, purchased too many Little Debbie cakes, or bought a vintage Playboy from 1978.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Polniy_Sostav - 02-05-2019

in addition , they will compile data on who you are and how much you buy stuff and at what time , so that they can plan the next marketing campaign for more efficiency....

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - kurtybro - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 04:16 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

This is annoying, but easily solved. Just don't go to places that do this. Have people over to your place.

If enough people did this, the alcohol lobby (which is probably more powerful than the Vatican) would petition governmental bodies to ease up on I.D. rules in bars.

The real trouble is coming down the pike, as the Microsoft Morons and Amazon Assholes advocate a "cashless society." If this happens, your every purchase will be known by the corporate state/government (I put these two things together because they're merging as one).

And then the day will come when you get fired from your job and/or thrown off your health insurance policy because you bought too many drinks, purchased too many Little Debbie cakes, or bought a vintage Playboy from 1978.

Man we should all be so lucky as to actually have a job to be fired from!

There's a legitimate fear that the worker peons will no longer be needed after sufficient automation/AI advancement. Who knows what the cutoff will be....

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - azulsombra - 02-05-2019

No, this is still an Anglosphere Commonwealth thing.

I've only ever seen this in Canada, some other people are mentioning it goes on in UK and OZ. Never saw this in America, Europe or Latin America.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Marmite - 02-05-2019

Started noticing this in Liverpool, UK about ten years ago. I don't go out drinking of a night time, so don't know how widely spread it is. I do know however that the data gets sold to marketing agencies.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 02-05-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 05:10 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

No, this is still an Anglosphere Commonwealth thing.

I've only ever seen this in Canada, some other people are mentioning it goes on in UK and OZ. Never saw this in America, Europe or Latin America.

I've seen it many times in the US. Most times it's only when the place is hopping and they have someone at the door checking IDs. If you go in on a quiet night to have a pub food and drinks, it's much less common. In that case, they'll still card young people or new people, but not older people or regulars. If they have a guy at the door, everybody gets carded regardless of age, and you're not getting in without a valid ID, unless they happen to overlook the expiration date on your ID.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Cation - 02-06-2019

Never heard of this "Big Brother is watching" bullshit. Not surprised that the UK was the pioneer, though.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - rapaz12 - 02-06-2019

I've seen worse in Brazil. They wanted my fingerprints in one place.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - TheMaleBrain - 02-06-2019

Not happening in Israel.
I did saw it though in some large corporations and government entities. They scan your ID and provide you with a one-time entrance card with your photo (from the ID).

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Windom Earle - 02-06-2019

Prevalent in clubs in Australia.

This reason, the militant attitudes of most bouncers and the general agro vibe are why I keep away from nightclubs.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - kinjutsu - 02-06-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 02:11 PM)scotian Wrote:  

It's been used here in Canada for at least the past decade, mostly in night clubs and bars frequented by the under 30 crowd to keep out known trouble makers and gang members. Personally I stopped frequenting such places, not because of the Id'ing but to stay away from the retards that go to them, I'm more of a pub guy or if I feel like dancing, a salsa spot.

I can confirm this.
Having worked in a popular night club a few years ago i have seen guy that causes trouble get turned away because they caused trouble at a different bar a few weeks or months ago. They call it a "Bar Ban". It usually lasts for 1 year and there's nothing you can do about it if it happens to you.
Literally the bouncers can look through the log of people that entered the club that night and say your not allowed here anymore. Then by magic all of the other nightclubs and bars in the city all get the updated list of undesirable people. No due process and no way to appeal.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Rorogue - 02-06-2019

Delete

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - JackinMelbourne - 02-06-2019

Yes it has. Another thing that happened recently in Melbourne is (certain) events aimed at the younger people have started "pay-pass" only payments for drinks at the bar, no cash, and they are charging an extra fee for each transaction. That's some forced money masters indoctrination shit right there.

Anyway, the only thing to do is boycott such places.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - CynicalContrarian - 02-06-2019

Quote: (02-06-2019 01:56 AM)TheMaleBrain Wrote:  

Not happening in Israel.
I did saw it though in some large corporations and government entities. They scan your ID and provide you with a one-time entrance card with your photo (from the ID).

Interesting.
At face value, the one place you'd think would be fussed about security, would be Israel.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - TheMaleBrain - 02-06-2019

Quote: (02-06-2019 06:07 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Quote: (02-06-2019 01:56 AM)TheMaleBrain Wrote:  

Not happening in Israel.

Interesting.
At face value, the one place you'd think would be fussed about security, would be Israel.

Israel is "fussed" about security, and has been for a long time.
That does not mean IDs don't get checked, and bags are not opened.

However - there is a difference between ((Security)) (=ID scan) and actual security.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Foolsgo1d - 02-06-2019

Are you on about those Driving license machines the DVLA allows access to? They insert your license into it and up pops your face and details for the bouncer to check.

A fake one wouldn't pass the test.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Mekorig - 02-06-2019

Quote: (02-05-2019 04:05 PM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  

Eastern Europe, the only reason to check ID is if you look under 18. Some clubs don´t even care how old are you.

The same in Argentina.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - Selembao - 02-06-2019

In two clubs in Bangkok, the bouncer checked the passport and the thai immigration stamp as well.
But this idiocy is applied at random.

Has Orwellian Bar and Club ID Scanning Spread To the Rest Of the World? - RIslander - 02-06-2019

They're just trying to keep Little Dark out.