Roosh V Forum
Thoughts on divorced women - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on divorced women (/thread-71181.html)

Thoughts on divorced women - treypound - 11-04-2018

In the past month, I've encountered two new potential plates from daygame. The first is a 7 in the looks dept (very fit, natural B cups) german blonde who lives in Phoenix. We met at a dog park, exchanged numbers, and set up drinks the next day. Things went well, escalated quick and I smashed that night.

During our post sex convo, she shares she has been married two times (she's 29) with the first marriage occurring at 19 ending at 20, and the second at 25 ending at 27. She even had the name of ex hubby 2 tatted on her wrist (which has been removed).

My ass was floored hearing all of this, and the look of surprise on my face matched hers when she asked me if I had ever been married or had kids (no to either).

Fast forward, and she is the one wanting to make plans with me, last night texting asking if I wanted to watch football and chill with her (code for sex session part 2).

The pre sex convo and the physical attraction was there, but those prior relationships have me cautious. Anyone have prior experience with women who have been married multiple times before? Any thoughts on how to handle this situation?

Thoughts on divorced women - JimBobsCooters - 11-04-2018

Fine for a plate but she's too old to be LTR anyway so just spin it and keep things fresh. Basically a pretty good red flag that she makes terrible decisions and has issues in a relationship.

Thoughts on divorced women - EndsExpect - 11-04-2018

Quote: (11-04-2018 01:59 PM)treypound Wrote:  

In the past month, I've encountered two new potential plates
The pre sex convo and the physical attraction was there, but those prior relationships have me cautious. Anyone have prior experience with women who have been married multiple times before? Any thoughts on how to handle this situation?

Cautious of what? What exactly do you need to handle?

If you are asking whether its wise to have children and marry her... the answer is that it's a fucking stupid idea. Don't do it.

Otherwise... unless her previous marriages are killing your erection... who cares? She is just a plate. When she is played out go to the next. Play on my friend! Play on!

Thoughts on divorced women - DarkTriad - 11-04-2018

Enjoy, smash, don't marry. Don't trust her about being on the pill either. Hard to fuck up after that.

Thoughts on divorced women - Deepdiver - 11-04-2018

I agree with JBC start as a spinning plate yet since 51% of Western Marriages end in Divorce you eliminate 51% of the pool of bangable bishes if you Red Flag all divorcees.

We all know the problems with women divorcees from Impulsive (Bad) Decision making to the ruthless next ex-husband hunters especially EE and Asian imports. Kids are always an issue because they will eventually play the "You are NOT my father and can not tell me what to do!" card - compounded by their mother's anger if you try to discipline "her babies".

Therefore the best move on divorcees is to keep them as a phuck buddie, sort of a plate on the front burner - who cooks and cleans up after you - or - is a career woman who makes great coin and can carry her own financial weight and contributes to great life experiences with you. I personally would keep my own living Space as the moment you move in with her especially if she won her own house in a divorce - eventually, she starts giving the orders and controls frame as a strong independent woman and you can become miserable since she knows she has you by the ballz literally and figuratively. So you have to keep a strong frame and independent space as your sanctum sanctorum when needed.

After a 2 to 3 year LTR she will be looking to lock you down and you will know if she is a good woman in all respects who made a mistake and corrected it with her divorce(s). Even if you eventually decide you can trust her and live with her - I would create an LLC with an offshore Biz Checking Account in a solid offshore banking area where you can run a consulting or offshore APT (Asset Protection Trust) tours business and legitimately keep funds outside the rapacious paws of USA Family/Divorce courts just in case she was playing you for the long con.

Thoughts on divorced women - Dr Mantis Toboggan - 11-04-2018

Quote: (11-04-2018 03:03 PM)Deepdiver Wrote:  

I agree with JBC start as a spinning plate yet since 51% of Western Marriages end in Divorce you eliminate 51% of the pool of bangable bishes if you Red Flag all divorcees.

Agree.

I wouldn't automatically write off a divorcee for LTR either, especially if it was a young, dumb decision (married her HS sweetheart at 19 and divorced at 21, that kind of thing). It would be a red flag and I would want to carefully examine the circumstances. Multiple divorces (or kids), however, are a dealbreaker for anything more than fuckbuddy status.

Thoughts on divorced women - chicane - 11-04-2018

As an older guy, the vast majority of women for me to date are going to be divorced. And if a woman hasn't married by the time she is in her 30s, what the fuck is wrong with her that no guy would marry her?

Thoughts on divorced women - lunchmoney - 11-04-2018

Quote: (11-04-2018 07:09 PM)chicane Wrote:  

As an older guy, the vast majority of women for me to date are going to be divorced. And if a woman hasn't married by the time she is in her 30s, what the fuck is wrong with her that no guy would marry her?

In the same boat. If I meet a woman over 30 who hasn't married, it's a red flag. There are those career women who decided to go get their masters degree or go to law school etc, but that's the minority.

Thoughts on divorced women - Obermarschall - 11-05-2018

Pump and dump

Thoughts on divorced women - 1RationalDoc - 11-05-2018

Quote: (11-04-2018 01:59 PM)treypound Wrote:  

In the past month, I've encountered two new potential plates from daygame. The first is a 7 in the looks dept (very fit, natural B cups) german blonde who lives in Phoenix. We met at a dog park, exchanged numbers, and set up drinks the next day. Things went well, escalated quick and I smashed that night.

During our post sex convo, she shares she has been married two times (she's 29) with the first marriage occurring at 19 ending at 20, and the second at 25 ending at 27. She even had the name of ex hubby 2 tatted on her wrist (which has been removed).

My ass was floored hearing all of this, and the look of surprise on my face matched hers when she asked me if I had ever been married or had kids (no to either).

Fast forward, and she is the one wanting to make plans with me, last night texting asking if I wanted to watch football and chill with her (code for sex session part 2).

Plenty of red flag for me if she been divorced more than once. If you just going to spin her as a plate, I would suggest making it short-term and don't catch feelings. Be careful of not getting baby trapped, rubber up even if she says she is on a pill.

Thoughts on divorced women - godzilla - 11-05-2018

I'm only 34 but anytime I meet a girl, even at my age, whose unmarried, I'm trying to figure out this girl's story is. Thousands of guys must have attempted to have relationship with here by then and they still can't find the right one.

I guess in a few cases, some of them might have been in an LTR for a long time that didn't end up in marriage. But I doubt that's the norm.

Thoughts on divorced women - questor70 - 11-05-2018

if a woman hasn't married by the time she is in her 30s, what the fuck is wrong with her that no guy would marry her?

That's been my experience as well. For older guys not wanting to rob cradles, women are either going to come with ex-husband sob stories or be harboring some serious red-flags.

Thoughts on divorced women - Tiger Man - 11-05-2018

Hmmm. I will offer a bit of a more nuanced view, as I don't think all divorced women are immediate write-offs. But, I will preface everything by saying - tread very carefully.

I agree with the general sentiment that divorcees are probably more trouble than they are worth for LTRs. Most are. Also, I would say marriage is out of the question. 40-50% of first marriages end in divorce. For second marriages, it is more like 65%.

With that said, let's breakdown the different types of divorcees I have encountered over the years.

By far the most prevalent is the frivolous divorcee. She dumped her husband, essentially, only because she "felt like it". These women often have many other red flags going in to their marriages (like a high sexual partner count). With women like this, I would, at best, consider a low-investment FB situation.

Then, there are the crazies. Often, they are easy to spot for an experienced guy. Many, many red flags. Often, these will be the ones to casually drop, "No, actually, my husband was the one who filed for divorce." Run. Run like the wind. Men do not file for divorce for frivolous reasons. He had a reason. What was it?

Occasionally, you might meet a truly aggrieved divorcee. Her husband beat her, or ran out, or got caught embezzling. But, as their stories are often carbon copies of the stories of the previous two types of women, how do you ever know the truth? You don't. So, you can't rely on a compelling story.

Of the slightly less common types you might be dealing with, there are two that come to mind.

There are girls with "Liz Taylor Syndrome". They will often be married and divorced several times. Young marriages (18-23) are not uncommon. These girls literally just like being married. Or, at least, they like the concept of it. The reality doesn't work for them. Too many Disney movies? I don't know. The upside with these women is they are less likely to divorce rape you. They just want a clean and easy break. The downside is that if you get involved, they will start pushing you towards the aisle as soon as they can, even if you will be their 5th/10th/15th husband.

Finally, there are the religious rebounds. Here, I am speaking of the devoutly religious. Occasionally, you will encounter women who are devout (insert usually Christian denomination here) who have "become divorced". These are women who would usually not divorce due to the group shame they would face, so you will often discover the husband was publicly unfaithful, or, sometimes, liked guys (surprise!). If I were to consider a real relationship with any type of divorcee, this would be the one. But you have to vet hard.

For that matter, you have to vet hard on any of these girls.

Random thoughts:

I disagree with the idea that you absolutely cannot move in with a divorced woman. If it is your style (it's not mine), you can easily run golddigger or, even, deadbeat game on many divorced women. You have to remember, it is their ex-husband paying your way, not them. Do you have any student loans you need to take care of? [Image: angel.gif]

I also somewhat disagree with the absolutism on unmarried girls over 30. I'm no fan of older women. In fact, I have, more or less, made it a rule to solely go after girls in their 20s. However, there are some okay girls in their 30s. And, if you are a guy looking for something more serious in, say, your 40s, I think a girl in her early 30s might be a better bet (she has way fewer options than a girl just a few years younger). Girls that have been riding the carousel for fifteen years are obviously out. But, believe it or not, there are girls who are insanely late bloomers. Like, they discover that combs and conditioner exist at 31. See: grad students and professional burnouts. They aren't all a lost cause - but most of them are.

Thoughts on divorced women - lunchmoney - 11-05-2018

Quote: (11-05-2018 05:37 PM)Tiger Man Wrote:  

Hmmm. I will offer a bit of a more nuanced view, as I don't think all divorced women are immediate write-offs. But, I will preface everything by saying - tread very carefully.

I agree with the general sentiment that divorcees are probably more trouble than they are worth for LTRs. Most are. Also, I would say marriage is out of the question. 40-50% of first marriages end in divorce. For second marriages, it is more like 65%.

With that said, let's breakdown the different types of divorcees I have encountered over the years.

By far the most prevalent is the frivolous divorcee. She dumped her husband, essentially, only because she "felt like it". These women often have many other red flags going in to their marriages (like a high sexual partner count). With women like this, I would, at best, consider a low-investment FB situation.

Then, there are the crazies. Often, they are easy to spot for an experienced guy. Many, many red flags. Often, these will be the ones to casually drop, "No, actually, my husband was the one who filed for divorce." Run. Run like the wind. Men do not file for divorce for frivolous reasons. He had a reason. What was it?

Occasionally, you might meet a truly aggrieved divorcee. Her husband beat her, or ran out, or got caught embezzling. But, as their stories are often carbon copies of the stories of the previous two types of women, how do you ever know the truth? You don't. So, you can't rely on a compelling story.

Of the slightly less common types you might be dealing with, there are two that come to mind.

There are girls with "Liz Taylor Syndrome". They will often be married and divorced several times. Young marriages (18-23) are not uncommon. These girls literally just like being married. Or, at least, they like the concept of it. The reality doesn't work for them. Too many Disney movies? I don't know. The upside with these women is they are less likely to divorce rape you. They just want a clean and easy break. The downside is that if you get involved, they will start pushing you towards the aisle as soon as they can, even if you will be their 5th/10th/15th husband.

Finally, there are the religious rebounds. Here, I am speaking of the devoutly religious. Occasionally, you will encounter women who are devout (insert usually Christian denomination here) who have "become divorced". These are women who would usually not divorce due to the group shame they would face, so you will often discover the husband was publicly unfaithful, or, sometimes, liked guys (surprise!). If I were to consider a real relationship with any type of divorcee, this would be the one. But you have to vet hard.

For that matter, you have to vet hard on any of these girls.

Random thoughts:

I disagree with the idea that you absolutely cannot move in with a divorced woman. If it is your style (it's not mine), you can easily run golddigger or, even, deadbeat game on many divorced women. You have to remember, it is their ex-husband paying your way, not them. Do you have any student loans you need to take care of? [Image: angel.gif]

I also somewhat disagree with the absolutism on unmarried girls over 30. I'm no fan of older women. In fact, I have, more or less, made it a rule to solely go after girls in their 20s. However, there are some okay girls in their 30s. And, if you are a guy looking for something more serious in, say, your 40s, I think a girl in her early 30s might be a better bet (she has way fewer options than a girl just a few years younger). Girls that have been riding the carousel for fifteen years are obviously out. But, believe it or not, there are girls who are insanely late bloomers. Like, they discover that combs and conditioner exist at 31. See: grad students and professional burnouts. They aren't all a lost cause - but most of them are.

I was involved with one of the "religious rebounds" myself almost a year ago. She was 31 and a solid 8 (9 on some days), but had virtually no common sense, even less street sense, and was one of most naive women I had met. She pitched the story about her ex stepping out on her, having an affair with another woman at their church who was also married, and how it shamed her once the word got out around her prior city. She moved to Florida to start a new life. Ironically this church girl was one of the biggest sexual freaks I had been with to date. She was a great plate, but that marriage gave her serious trust issues.

Thoughts on divorced women - Tiger Man - 11-05-2018

Quote: (11-05-2018 06:19 PM)lunchmoney Wrote:  

I was involved with one of the "religious rebounds" myself almost a year ago. She was 31 and a solid 8 (9 on some days), but had virtually no common sense, even less street sense, and was one of most naive women I had met. She pitched the story about her ex stepping out on her, having an affair with another woman at their church who was also married, and how it shamed her once the word got out around her prior city. She moved to Florida to start a new life. Ironically this church girl was one of the biggest sexual freaks I had been with to date. She was a great plate, but that marriage gave her serious trust issues.

Sounds about right. In my experience, the religious (and I mean really religious) can go both ways on the sexual expression - but it is always to extremes. Either they are nymphomaniacal or they are like ice.

Double agree on the no common sense part. I have found many of these women to be oblivious to the social workings of the world. That can be a plus or a minus depending on how you want to live. A man who wants to move to a ranch in the middle of nowhere and have a bunch of kids might want to look in to this kind of woman.

Thoughts on divorced women - N°6 - 11-06-2018

The OP’s plate has been divorced more often than women used to have lays outside marriage.

After two no fault divorces, I cannot see how marriage could mean anything for a monkey branching woman other than the transferall of wealth, a pension and her ‘big day’.

Thoughts on divorced women - lunchmoney - 11-07-2018

Quote: (11-06-2018 12:45 AM)N°6 Wrote:  

The OP’s plate has been divorced more often than women used to have lays outside marriage.

After two no fault divorces, I cannot see how marriage could mean anything for a monkey branching woman other than the transferall of wealth, a pension and her ‘big day’.

+ 1. I met a woman at a bar once, who after a shot, starting telling her life story about being divorced once and married at the present but having "an open relationship" which was code for she didn't care anymore. The victim mentatlity was a turn off, but her Double D's made it a nice ONS. Luckily I gave her a google voice # and didn't return her calls lol.

Thoughts on divorced women - treypound - 11-07-2018

Quote: (11-05-2018 06:05 AM)Obermarschall Wrote:  

Pump and dump

Brief update - last night I had my divorced plate come by after she voted for election night & chill which turned into her staying the night. Sex was great but I don't need or want her to get clingy now.

I will probably ghost her for a week or so.

Thoughts on divorced women - ShroudedMist - 11-09-2018

40-50% of first marriages end in divorce. For second marriages, it is more like 65%.

Not to derail but is this statistic true for second marriages? Damn!

Thoughts on divorced women - droughtmeat - 11-09-2018

Quote: (11-09-2018 09:08 AM)ShroudedMist Wrote:  

40-50% of first marriages end in divorce. For second marriages, it is more like 65%.

I just read this in an article: Past statistics have shown that in the U.S. 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second, and 73% of third marriages end in divorce.

Gosh. I think it's just easier to let go the 2nd and 3rd time. Similar to how, for guys, breaking up with that first girlfriend or first "true love" is extremely agonizing, whereas other breakups are no issue at all in terms of tears shed, potential suicidal thoughts, jealousy and all that nonsense

Thoughts on divorced women - lunchmoney - 11-09-2018

Who the hell would marry a woman whose been married twice prior?

Thoughts on divorced women - Tiger Man - 11-09-2018

Quote: (11-09-2018 11:48 AM)droughtmeat Wrote:  

Quote: (11-09-2018 09:08 AM)ShroudedMist Wrote:  

I just read this in an article: Past statistics have shown that in the U.S. 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second, and 73% of third marriages end in divorce.

Gosh. I think it's just easier to let go the 2nd and 3rd time. Similar to how, for guys, breaking up with that first girlfriend or first "true love" is extremely agonizing, whereas other breakups are no issue at all in terms of tears shed, potential suicidal thoughts, jealousy and all that nonsense

Yes.

Which is why divorced women are such a risky bet for men looking for something more solid. They are flighty - more so than woman who haven't been through the process before. Also, if they initiated the divorce (highly likely) they will know all of the legal ins and outs. Not good.

Personality-wise and from an armchair psychologist's perspective, what we are essentially talking about is what Roosh mentioned in the most recent Roosh Hour. Once a woman has a certain amount of experience - it could be sexual experience, or divorce, or months/years of travel, or having a sponsor or sugar daddy - she is essentially useless for LTRs and marriage. In my experience it is near impossible for a woman to come back from that kind of life experience. But, as they almost always do it to themselves, I feel decreasing pity or empathy.

All we can do is watch out for certain scripts that women will use on us. So, in this case, it will most likely be the "my husband was evil because of X,Y, and Z" script. I cannot possible recall how many women said this to me during my academic career. As for the women who said, for example, "My husband divorced me because I cheated on him and I deserved it...", I can count them on one hand.

Thoughts on divorced women - Alpha_Romeo - 11-11-2018

Quote: (11-09-2018 09:32 PM)Tiger Man Wrote:  

Personality-wise and from an armchair psychologist's perspective, what we are essentially talking about is what Roosh mentioned in the most recent Roosh Hour.
Which episode is that? I may have to go and give it a listen.

Thoughts on divorced women - Tiger Man - 11-12-2018

Quote: (11-11-2018 01:58 PM)Alpha_Romeo Wrote:  

Quote: (11-09-2018 09:32 PM)Tiger Man Wrote:  

Personality-wise and from an armchair psychologist's perspective, what we are essentially talking about is what Roosh mentioned in the most recent Roosh Hour.
Which episode is that? I may have to go and give it a listen.

It is Roosh Hour #25. He talks about it a bit around 30 minutes in and again makes a passing reference (cell phones) at around 1 hour 48 minutes.