Roosh V Forum
How rejections impact target quality - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: How rejections impact target quality (/thread-71042.html)

How rejections impact target quality - finalstep - 10-22-2018

So i've gone through a few stages in my life. In high school I was all about getting my numbers high, and I've gone down as low as 5 (by my standards today probably 4s) to do it, but I also had some of the prettiest girls in my grade. What I noticed during this time is when I approached literally anyone I naturally got laid a lot, but the amount hot girls I would even bother approaching declined significantly. When I didn't get some for a couple weeks it was almost like I hit a reset button and I would start out approaching 9s and gradually drop from there until I got a flag. I was a good looking guy and was in a good social circle in hs so I knew I could get 8s+, so I always wondered if those initial rejections, which really every guys gets did some temporary number on my confidence that led to that spiral. I used to justify it as just making the most of the night or just filling up my dude resume. I always understood that some rejections are part of getting laid and was never the type of person to give up my goals, so now I wonder...

Does the mass volume cold approach lead to somewhat a decline in standards for you?

Fast forward 15 years, I got better looking, have a good income, and naturally figured out how to game better. Yet I still find myself in a variation of that pattern. I don't hit on girls just because i'd be "willing to fuck them if none of my friends see me", but any cold streak I do get immediately sends me to accepting girls I wouldn't bother with on a good month. When I travel to countries where you get premium flags for being white with money I only hit on very pretty girls because I guess in the back of my head I know that even if I get rejected another 8+ is not going to take much work at all. Back home however I just don't seem to have the same pattern. The only time I find myself pursuing 8+ exclusively is when I have several very reliable booty calls on the side. I know I can get quality girls reasonably consistently if I put forth the effort, but for some reason if I got a few weeks without one I end up getting with a 6 and follow her up with other 6-very low 7s.

Don't mean to ramble on too much, just trying to get some input on the psychology behind this and see if others experience the same?

How rejections impact target quality - Cavorite - 10-22-2018

I'm with you. Especially if I'm not getting regular sex elsewhere.

8+ is also a pretty difficult goal.

How rejections impact target quality - pancakemouse - 10-22-2018

Same deal here. Though I've found it's faded over time the more girls I've banged. When I first started out I was content with 5s. Then 6s. Now I'm really stretching my limits and will only accept a 6 if she's a slumpbuster like you talk about. I'd rather not get laid for several weeks than stoop as low as a 6.

How rejections impact target quality - The_e_man - 10-23-2018

Agreed. I look back on some old bangs that I used to be proud about and now I just shudder.
Desire for quality is the next step once the desire for numbers gets satiated.

How rejections impact target quality - finalstep - 10-23-2018

Quote: (10-23-2018 01:19 AM)The_e_man Wrote:  

Agreed. I look back on some old bangs that I used to be proud about and now I just shudder.

does the desire for numbers ever get satiated for guys though? i've seen a hell of a lot of 40+ year old guys here that still scour SE Asia for the numbers

How rejections impact target quality - pancakemouse - 10-23-2018

Quote: (10-23-2018 08:05 AM)finalstep Wrote:  

does the desire for numbers ever get satiated for guys though? i've seen a hell of a lot of 40+ year old guys here that still scour SE Asia for the numbers

For most guys, yes. If you're the JMULV type and are a pussyhound, no.

How rejections impact target quality - The_e_man - 10-24-2018

Quote: (10-23-2018 08:05 AM)finalstep Wrote:  

For me, yes. But that's only because I was collecting numbers for the wrong reason. I needed to "prove" to myself and to the world that I was capable of fucking lots of girls. I'm somewhere north of 200 now and I have nothing to "prove" to myself or anybody. I know I can get laid. Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things though. My good looking natural friends can get laid with 0.00001% of the effort I put in. What's more important, and harder to quantify and measure, is how many gorgeous women are in your life? Getting a SNL and having the girl never talk to you again isn't that big of a victory. It might be the first few times, but soon you will be wanting more.