Roosh V Forum
Útila, Honduras - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Útila, Honduras (/thread-70340.html)

Útila, Honduras - RetroGore - 08-24-2018

Hey guys,

I tried searching for information on this island, but I found little info on here. I'm Canadian and want to go some place to do my advanced open water diving course, but also be able to meet some girls. I was thinking SEA, but I have been there quite a few times and wanted to try something new and closer. Utila appears to be a cheap place to do this, and I have heard there are lots of backpackers that hang out on the island. I did read something about it being a bit of a sausage fest, so I was wondering if anyone knows the situation about hooking up with the backpacker chicks on the island, or if I should just skip it and go to another destination. Also, what about local girls working on the island at the restaurants and hotels? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Útila, Honduras - scotian - 08-24-2018

Quote: (08-24-2018 12:45 AM)RetroGore Wrote:  

Hey guys,

I tried searching for information on this island, but I found little info on here. I'm Canadian and want to go some place to do my advanced open water diving course, but also be able to meet some girls. I was thinking SEA, but I have been there quite a few times and wanted to try something new and closer. Utila appears to be a cheap place to do this, and I have heard there are lots of backpackers that hang out on the island. I did read something about it being a bit of a sausage fest, so I was wondering if anyone knows the situation about hooking up with the backpacker chicks on the island, or if I should just skip it and go to another destination. Also, what about local girls working on the island at the restaurants and hotels? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

I haven't been to Utila but I've been been diving in few of the international hot spots over the years in places like Thailand, Philippines, Mexico and most recently Colombia. The thing about dive spots, like surf spots and other "adventure sport" places is that they are dude heavy and the girls there tend to gravitate to the more accomplished guys who can regale them with cool stories about their adventures all over the world. They're usually dive masters and instructors, as an open water diver going for your advanced, you're just another jiberoni out of many but maybe you have tight game and you're built like a Greek god, it could work.

Many of these spots are remote, such as Utila so other than diving and getting drunk with other international divers, there isn't much to do, you're far from a city and as far as I know, the cities in Honduras are dangerous shit holes, although I know people who had fun in the capital and hooked up with local chicas, but you'd have to fly there.

So my recommendation would be to go to a different dive spot in an area that is closer to a decent sized city, I can recommend:

Yucatan peninsula, Mexico: Not actually the city of Cancun itself but nearby are some great places to set up shop such as the island of Cozumel or the town of Play Del Carmen. Myself, during my two week trip to the area I stayed in Merida, Cancun, Isla Mujeres and Playa Del Carmen. I only went diving one day because I ended up banging a local chica who stayed with me for ten days but it was great. I only did cave diving in the local cenotes which was awesome but also very challenging, I went to one called Dos Ojos and the other The Pit. I didn't go to Cozumel and regret that but apparently the reef diving is fantastic there as well, its part of a huge reef that extends down to Belize. Personally I get bored of reefs, I prefer caves and wrecks.

Here's a video of Dos Ojo, it was fucking epic brah!!!!

You can do so much stuff in Yucatan area: the white sand beaches are amazing, there's really interesting Mayan ruins and pyramids near by (ex: chicinitza), there's huge night clubs in Playa and Cancun, etc. And of course the area is a huge international tourist destination so there's beaver from all over the world, from hostel skanks to high end chicas. Also this should go without saying but Mexican food is really good too.

Santa Marta/Taganga, Colombia: I've been there a bunch of times, only went diving a couple of times because as I mentioned before I find reefs a bit boring but the area is pretty cool. Taganga is a small poor fishing village that became a dive spot in the last couple of decades so its full of dive shops, hostels and back packers getting strung out on blow. I've stayed there a couple of times but I much prefer staying in the city of Santa Marta which is a five minute drive away. The area is pretty cool, its surrounded by the Sierra Nevada mountains where you can do some cool hiking, bird watching, mountain biking, etc. Tayrona national park is also nearby and that place is pretty amazing too, especially the beaches. There's a proper big city about 1.5-2 hours away called Barranquilla, its a huge dump but the chicas there are easy and horny, its not too difficult to convince one to hop on a bus to Santa Marta for a few days of fun in the sun and in the sack.
Diving in Taganga:

A good overview of some of the cool stuff you can do in the area:

Anyway, I hope this helps. Like I said, I've never been to Utila but if you want to mix a cool hobby like diving and get laid too, then you're better off hitting up a spot that has bigger cities/towns nearby and has more to offer than just diving.

Útila, Honduras - RetroGore - 08-24-2018

Thanks for the info that's more than I was expecting. Cozumel has been on my radar, but a buddy at work was talking up Utila, but he has not been there in quite a few years. I have been avoiding Cancun/Playa del Carmen because I thought there would be too many douche bags from Canada and the States. I think I'm going to take your advice and go to the area because of the options. I have been waiting on going to Columbia because I'm working on my Spanish, and I don't feel its at a good enough level yet. I don't want the language barrier to hold me back because I ain't no Linux. I guess with the Yucatan, I can still practice my Spanish, but English would still be spoken. This helps a lot thanks.