Roosh V Forum
Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it (/thread-69561.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Roosh - 08-11-2018

He was a ground service agent for an Alaskan airlines.

Quote:Quote:

The man who authorities say stole a commercial airliner in Washington state Friday was identified as Richard Russell, according to the Associated Press and The Seattle Times.

The 29-year-old worked for Horizon Air, helping to handle luggage and towing aircrafts. Authorities say he had worked Friday, and was in uniform, when he got into the cockpit of a Horizon Airlines Bombardier Q400 plane and took off for an hourlong joyride.

He is believed to have died when the plane crashed into Ketron Island, about 30 miles south of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, setting off a large forest fire. Authorities say he was suicidal.

Russell went by “Beebo” on social media. In a humorous YouTube video he posted last year, he talked about his job and included videos and photos of his various travels.

“I lift a lot of bags. Like a lot of bags. So many bags,” he said.

"He was a quiet guy. It seemed like he was well liked by the other workers," former coworker Rick Christenson told The Seattle Times. "I feel really bad for Richard and for his family. I hope they can make it through this."

Christenson told the newspaper he watched the plane and its dangerous stunts, not knowing that the pilot was his former coworker. When he saw smoke rising from the woods, he realized the worst had happened.

A blog that appears to have belonged to Russell details that he was born in Key West, Florida, but moved to Alaska with his family when he was very young.

He wrote on the blog that he met his wife, Hannah, in Oregon when they were both attending school. They owned a bakery shop and settled down in Sumner, Washington, in 2015, which is when he got his job at Horizon Air.

Russell says on the blog that he liked his job because it allowed him to travel back to Alaska to see his family.

"In this season of life, we enjoy exploring as much as possible, whether its a day (or so) trip to one of Alaska Airline’s destinations or visiting a new area of Washington," he wrote. "We consider ourselves bakery connoisseurs and have to try a new one every place we go."

He also included photos of his wedding and traveling he'd done in the mountains and other sites he'd seen, including some ancient ruins. Russell ended the "about" section of the blog with his dreams for the future: Moving up to become a manager at Horizon Air or joining the military as an officer.

During the ordeal, Russell could be heard on audio recordings telling air traffic controllers that he is “just a broken guy.”

One air traffic controller called the man “Rich,” and tried to persuade him to land the airplane. “There is a runway just off to your right side in about a mile,” the controller says, referring to an airfield at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.

“Oh man. Those guys will rough me up if I try and land there,” Russell responded, later adding, “This is probably jail time for life, huh?”

Later the man said: “I’ve got a lot of people that care about me. It’s going to disappoint them to hear that I did this ... just a broken guy, got a few screws loose, I guess.”

Christenson told The Seattle Times it was difficult to listen to the audio as Russell communicated with an air traffic controller.

“It’s chilling listening to this young man. It makes me cringe,” he said. “It was hard to sleep last night.

Sounds like a empathetic man. Why didn't he ask his loved ones for help? Why was he broken? Was his marriage not working out? Men have called into my live stream in seemingly worse shape.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/...968281002/

A Youtube video he made. He comes across as normal...

Air traffic control tried to coax him to return. Start at 2:01..

Rest in peace...

[Image: attachment.jpg39705]   

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/Bedhead_/status/1028317249705132032][/url]

A lot of men are feeling angst.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - scotian - 08-11-2018

[Image: qz3a0w.jpg]

[Image: vdfv69.jpg]

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - EvanWilson - 08-11-2018

I fear that we are going to see more and more incidents like this.

I think it is especially telling that he felt and thought it was simply just not possible to improve his situation in life and there was not point in trying anymore.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - demolition - 08-11-2018

There's something very primal about the story, that speaks on a lot of levels to the capacity of men in overcoming nature, the competence required to pull this off, yet wallowing in mediocrity in a soulless feminist bureaucracy designed to keep down men from setting their sights higher and scolding them for things that are crazy, fun, and masculine.

Side note: I find it really fascinating that we have all (or at least, a lot of) the video / audio footage concerning this incident and this guy's past released within hours of the whole event. Compare that to numerous other events that happened elsewhere within the past few years for which there is still nothing.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Spectrumwalker - 08-11-2018

The audios I've listened to have all cut out the part where he mentions "yeah right I'm white" or cut out the rest of what he said after it.[Image: dodgy.gif]

Dude sounded in good spirits and like he was throwing a few back at the controls.

"Just gonna nose down and call it a night".

Nihilism and no higher purpose in life...this is what happens. He went out in a blaze of glory wIthout hurting anyone other than himself. RIP.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Sooth - 08-11-2018

I don't know what it is about this story - it really made me stop and think.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Brother Abdul Majeed - 08-11-2018

He completed one hell of a barrel roll. Props to him.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - EndsExpect - 08-11-2018

This guy represents the majority of white guys living in Seattle. My cousin worked for Horizon. She frequently got promoted over much more qualified men because they like to keep the guys doing grunt work. They also promote ethnic minorities who power trip like mutherfuckers. Most white guys bail on this company in the first year... the only ones you see stick around are gay.

He met his wife in Oregon. She had a successful career while his was failing. What are the chances she was fucking around or pushing him to make changes and this is the reason he offed himself in spectacular fashion.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - infowarrior1 - 08-11-2018

We cannot choose the manner of our birth. We can choose to some extent the manner of our death. A heroic death is preferable to a helpless death.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Kona - 08-12-2018

Quote: (08-11-2018 11:10 PM)EndsExpect Wrote:  

This guy represents the majority of white guys living in Seattle.

Gay baristas and heroin addicts make up most of the male demographic in Seattle. We just lost one of the few dudes with some balls in that whole cess pool of a city with this plane their guy.

I stand behind my idea that building a wall around Seattle would save america more than one keeping out the Mexicans.

Aloha!

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Tytalus - 08-12-2018

Sad story. I have been in a bad spot in the past myself and can empathize.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Penta Sahi - 08-12-2018

[Image: attachment.jpg39707]   

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - [email protected] - 08-12-2018

No surprise when I saw Seattle in the title. Game literally saves lives.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Architekt - 08-12-2018

Was following this on Reddit

The way he went out is sad, but at least he got to pull off a barrel roll in a passenger jet and tick some crazy stuff off his bucket list before he crashed

The part that hit me the most was when he was flying over some sights he wanted to see and said "I think this would be much more beautiful in a different context"

He definitely knew this would be his last act, and the fact seemed to overwhelm him

It seems to me like he wasn't exactly what most would consider "crazy" - he still had reasonable mental faculties, but couldn't see his situation improving in any way, and to him, this was the only logical step forward

It's a sad reflection on the state of the western world, and the well-being of the average white male that exists within it

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - renotime - 08-12-2018

This is a bummer, especially when it's a young dude who seemed cool as hell. At least he went out like a badass.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - frozen-ace - 08-12-2018

The fighter jets that were scrambled to intercept the plane- they came from Portland? How long did it take for air traffic to realize something wasn’t right? And how long did it take for the fighter jets to show up? I wonder if the air traffic controllers have a phone free of important numbers to call right there on their desk.

I know the military keeps planes on standby for emergency situations, but i’m surprised that planes from Portland would be pulled in when you have Joint Base Lewis McChord right there.

Do you think they were prepared / authorized to shoot down the plane if it looked like it was going to hit a building or head for downtown Seattle?

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Paracelsus - 08-12-2018

This is a fucking stupid and pointless waste of a life.

That said, Seneca has been proved right again, in the most concentrated, visible form possible. Jet Cowboy's last video is about all the "cool things" he's done, shots of all the places he's been, all this running up and down fucking mountains. Even his final flight is interspersed with expressing desires to go see the Olympics and a Mama Orca.

Socrates made the same remark to one who complained; he said: "Why do you wonder that globe-trotting does not help you, seeing that you always take yourself with you? The reason which set you wandering is ever at your heels." What pleasure is there in seeing new lands? Or in surveying cities and spots of interest? All your bustle is useless. Do you ask why such flight does not help you? It is because you flee along with yourself. You must lay aside the burdens of the mind; until you do this, no place will satisfy you."
--Letter XXVIII, On Travel As a Cure For Discontent.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Simeon_Strangelight - 08-12-2018

Was he shot down?

And I would like to know whether he took SSRIs? Likelihood is that he did.

Of course craziness of that sort happened in the past as well.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Going strong - 08-12-2018

Dude was bored, seemingly in despair with the lack of options left for White men in the West - and had hijacked an airplane from Seattle.

Then, he shouldn't have crashed the airplane, he should have flown it all the way to Manila or Danang. What a pity. Dude should have read the Travel forum here. Not only the Game sub-forum saves lives, but so does the Travel sub-forum!

Seriously though, if some suicidal, Western men are reading this: Before you off yourself "in a blaze of glory", go travel to some exotic place. You'll rediscover what life is about, you'll get fresh pussy, life will shine again at you.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - sterling_archer - 08-12-2018

For us that don't live in the USA, I must ask what is the significance of the Seattle? I see that couple guys here said something akin "From Seattle? No wonder."

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - mickeyd - 08-12-2018

Did he have a specific message as the reason behind his jaunt? Otherwise seems pointless, idiotic, and a waste of someone elses property.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - Suits - 08-12-2018

Quote: (08-12-2018 02:30 AM)frozen-ace Wrote:  

I wonder if the air traffic controllers have a phone free of important numbers to call right there on their desk.

Like most any workplace, people have supervisors. Calling in the military is probably the responsibility of someone with supervisory responsibilities, probably not the individual desk level controller's.

Seattle man hijacks an airplane and dies crashing it - EvanWilson - 08-12-2018

Quote: (08-12-2018 03:08 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

Was he shot down?

And I would like to know whether he took SSRIs? Likelihood is that he did.

Of course craziness of that sort happened in the past as well.

It looks like he crashed. One part of a clip of the talk between the tower and him said he only had 2,100 lbs of fuel, which apparently is not that much.