Roosh V Forum
Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts (/thread-66326.html)

Pages: 1 2

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - godzilla - 12-19-2017

And many wonder why people don't want to live in Philly.

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia...rsial.html

Quote:Quote:

The Philadelphia City Council voted Thursday to remove bulletproof glass from the windows of some local businesses, despite a backlash from shop owners who cited safety concerns.

The council voted 14-3 to approve legislation that could eventually force business owners to remove the protective glass outside their storefronts that some lawmakers believe operate as drug fronts and facilitate loitering and public urination, Fox 29 reported.

The bill, which was passed by the city’s Public Health and Human Services Committee on Dec. 4, enables Philadelphia's Department of Licenses and Inspections to regulate the bullet-resistant barricades that stand between customers and cash registers in many neighborhood corner stores

Some context will be required to understand what's going on. The state of Pennsylvania has a very regulated alcohol market. Distributors used to be allowed to only sell beer by the case(not larger than a 24pack, it has changed recently).

This and the lack of distributors available to walk to on foot lead to tons of small little beer stores being opened all over the ghetto.

These places don't just sell beer but also cigarettes, chewing gum, food etc.

The store owners are probably 90% Asian, mostly Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodian (they all ask if "you want salt, pepper, ketchup" on your fries) and since the customers are 90% black, this is a bit of a racial thing, because somehow Asian businesses are the problem in the hood.

It bothers the shit out of me when people aren't able to defend themselves. So let me tell you why these businesses need bulletproof glass.

Many of these stores are the only place to get beer past 10 pm (that isn't a bar) and they sell 40s for about 2 bucks. That's 40oz or 2 1/2 pints for all you foreign guys.

If you're not black(and even if you are black), many of these stores are extremely dangerous to go at night depending on which corner and neighborhood its on. These are some stories I know of one specific place.

-Two of my friends were kidnapped with a gun at their heads and told to drive around the ghetto with their head down.

-One guy I know was pistol-whipped in the face.

-One girl was raped in a nearby park.

-Vehicle windows broken or tires slashed.

-Countless small robberies.

-Countless bums asking you for money. Some called it the bum tax. Maybe just heated arguments if you didn't give them money.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - godfather dust - 12-19-2017

I've never been to Philly but generally the places I've seen set up with bulletproof glass and a slot for the exchange of cash and goods are set up like that for a reason. They're in high crime neighborhoods and would be robbed on a weekly (at best) basis by local drug fiends if they didn't have this setup.

The effected businesses in Philly should probably all shut down, unless the owners are into gunplay.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Higgs Bosun - 12-20-2017

I've long suspected that bulletproof glass-when used by the wrong hands-is irredeemably racist. Needless to say, I feel vindicated by the passage of this long overdue bill.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Number one bummer - 12-20-2017

Why should one group of minorities be safe from another group of minorities. Sounds racist from the ivory tower of a safe liberal suburb.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Kona - 12-20-2017

I've had it with those racist suction tubes in the bank drive through.

The bill would further regulate businesses that sell take-out beer and malt liquor, which many African American civic leaders have advocated for years.

I am also a malt liquor advocate.

Aloha!

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - puckerman - 12-20-2017

I worked nights in the hotel business for three years. I had about a thousand dollars in my drawer under the desk. Anyone could have come in there and gotten lots of cash.

Many hotels have bullet proof glass for this reason. Many of them don't allow contact with the receptionist unless the receptionist is behind the glass. It's there for a very good reason.

I would love to see these worthless politicians do that job.

Philly is such a shithole. Is it any wonder that nobody wants to live there?

And did you notice who was behind this nonsense? Black Lives Matter is.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Atlanta Man - 12-20-2017

This will not end well.....the law not the the thread. Maybe the thread too, we will see.....

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Super_Fire - 12-20-2017

But but, why do you need bulletproof glass if nobody is allowed to have guns?

[Image: tard.gif]

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - torridon747 - 12-20-2017

I don't get why bullet proof glass is ever harmful to people. This bill is insane. So basically they are going to remove protection from these stop-and-go style places as a penalty for them being shady and make it so they all get knocked over so many times they're no longer profitable? Then what? Is the market for liquor, drugs, and money laundering going to dry up? No, it'll probably get worse. And there's obviously a racial component to this as well. So this bill is effectively encouraging more violent crime and escalating already high racial tension. Good job philly you're playing yourself.

I assume all the banks in Philadelphia get to keep their bullet proof glass, surprise surprise.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Number one bummer - 12-20-2017

After further review this whole thing is a clusterfuck. BLM is supporting the bill because stop and go's are harmful to inner city neighborhoods. The dems supported the bill fully and the opposition came from republicans.

To be honest most of these stores are in fact, big net negative on communities, a lot are just fronts for crime with welfare scamming leading the charge. The stores launder food stamp money in exchange for cigs, drugs and booze. They then cook the books to show they are selling food which they then sell at a much larger profit margin.

BLM is right for wanting to shut down these stores but again they have the wrong solution, the solution is building a community where these stores don't thrive by making cultural changes. Of course BLM just wants big government to harm the stores by removing their right to self-defense.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - HornyRamone - 12-20-2017

Quote: (12-20-2017 03:12 AM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

After further review this whole thing is a clusterfuck. BLM is supporting the bill because stop and go's are harmful to inner city neighborhoods. The dems supported the bill fully and the opposition came from republicans.

To be honest most of these stores are in fact, big net negative on communities, a lot are just fronts for crime with welfare scamming leading the charge. The stores launder food stamp money in exchange for cigs, drugs and booze. They then cook the books to show they are selling food which they then sell at a much larger profit margin.

That's funny. $1 stores, gas stations, liquor stores and 24/7 convenience stores don't increase violent crimes where I come from. They also do everything by the book. I guess those stores in the hood laid their bricks and mortar on the foundations of racism.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - ball dont lie - 12-20-2017

If thats what BLM want, great, close every store in the ghetto. Let black people open up their own stores and deal with their own shit.

This has been discussed at length by Thomas Sowell.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - HornyRamone - 12-20-2017

Quote: (12-20-2017 05:44 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

If thats what BLM want, great, close every store in the ghetto. Let black people open up their own stores and deal with their own shit.

And the catcher is blacks have been crying racyss for decades when business owners don't open shop in the ghetto.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Repo - 12-20-2017

I have a hard time believing this will hold up in court. How the hell are you going to pass a law with the intent to make people less safe? Do they have some kind of bullshit cover reason for why the ban is needed?

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Handsome Creepy Eel - 12-20-2017

Bulletproof glass is harmless by default and is impossible to misuse too (unlike, for example, a bulletproof vest). An absolutely idiotic law that criminalizes something that has no business being regulated at all, let alone criminalized.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - puckerman - 12-20-2017

How exactly can some inspector tell that the glass is bulletproof or not without actually firing a gun at it? Is there some kind of test?

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - therealpoder - 12-20-2017

Quote: (12-20-2017 05:44 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

Yeah, it’ll just lead to capital flight (hence, more poverty) and increase the murder and robbery rate of the liberal minded business owners that are too dumb to leave. How tragic.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - polar - 12-20-2017

Quote: (12-20-2017 08:56 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

How exactly can some inspector tell that the glass is bulletproof or not without actually firing a gun at it? Is there some kind of test?

Thickness, the fact it walls off the clerk, and probably a brand name and rating in the corner somewhere.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - spokepoker - 12-20-2017

Will stores who are impacted by this be able to go after the city council members who passed the law?
So if they are mandated to remove the glass, then are robbed/shot, will they be able to sue the city?

I watched a video on this a few weeks ago, but i didn't think anything would actually come of it:

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - astro - 12-20-2017

The City Council should go do some community service, as cashiers behind the freshly renovated (no more barriers) stores in the high crime neighborhoods. Problem solved.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Scoundrel - 12-20-2017

The Philadelphia City Council voted Thursday to remove bulletproof glass from the windows of some local businesses, despite a backlash from shop owners who cited safety concerns.

This sentence is confusing and incorrect. It's not about removing bulletproof glass from WINDOWS of businesses — it's about the glassed-in areas where cashiers work.

You know, like you see all the time in banks and gas stations, even in places that aren't particularly high-crime.

The result of this law will be that many businesses will close and/or relocate, causing the neighborhoods affected to become even more economically depressed, and thus more crime-ridden.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Mekorig - 12-20-2017

How many "inner city youths" deaths before you get LA Riots 2: East Coast edition?

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Gmac - 12-20-2017

This makes no sense to me whatsoever. No wonder it's being headed by a woman. There's a reason people increased safety in the past...

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - heavy - 12-20-2017

Anti-freedom, I'm against it.

Don't even need to analyze the law.

Philadelphia Approves Bill To Remove Bulletproof Glass From Storefronts - Higgs Bosun - 12-20-2017

Fuck it, I support this law. The mercantile minorities who run these establishments hate whitey enough to keep voting democrat come hell or high water, it's not like this bill is going to turn any of them towards the right. In that sense, the bulletproof glass is just there preventing a bunch of blue voters catching a bullet to the noggin' before the next election. Down with racism, I say! Mr. Apoo, tear down this glass!

Pennsylvania is a swing state after all so every little bit helps [Image: whip.gif]