Roosh V Forum
London vs NYC - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: London vs NYC (/thread-64021.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

London vs NYC - jselysianeagle - 07-27-2017

There's a possibility that I might end up in London later this year for a new gig. Currently in NYC.

I had a (very) brief chat about London vs NYC with a few forum members before, but would like to open this up a bit and hear especially from those that've lived and gamed extensively in both cities. For context, I'm mid 30s and South Asian American. In decent shape, working on getting better of course, but definitely no model. Game level: intermediate.

I'm not that big into English (or indeed, Anglo) women, so game-wise the only draw would be easier access to Europe and possibly Asia. If/when I get there, I imagine my focus would be entirely on the foreign born women there. The vast majority of the women I get with here in NYC are European (but non-UK), Asian and Latin. I'm hoping London has even more of that variety and they're open to me.

Thoughts? I've read the numerous London threads on here already, and opinion seems to be a bit split. I did not find a thread comparing London directly to NYC, though.

London vs NYC - Rossi - 07-27-2017

I lived in New York on/off 7 years and I've been to London a lot of times.

One thing I'll tell you is that you're gonna miss New York a lot [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

Quote: (07-27-2017 02:11 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

One thing I'll tell you is that you're gonna miss New York a lot [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

Lol. Can you shed some light on your experiences and the differences you noticed? Culture, getting around, day/night game, diversity, good parts to live/hang out etc.

London vs NYC - rudebwoy - 07-27-2017

London for gaming European women will be far better than NYC.

It is a fantastic hub for seeing most of the world, Europe and Asia.

I lived in London from 2006 to 2010 and loved the social scene, I got opened a few times because of my "accent".

I was also travelling once a month for dirt cheap, you can never get bored of seeing new places. You can even take the train to Paris for the day and sightsee.

The bad thing about London, is the food and the weather.

I don't believe you will get the variety of food you are use to in NYC. Good food in London is expensive.

Lack of sunshine is common and the weather is damp in the winter times.

You will either love it or hate it, I found most Canadians I met who moved there didn't last. The few that did last were usually females who came from small towns in Canada.

Quote: (07-27-2017 02:56 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I lived in London from 2006 to 2010 and loved the social scene, I got opened a few times because of my "accent".

I was also travelling once a month for dirt cheap, you can never get bored of seeing new places. You can even take the train to Paris for the day and sightsee.

I don't believe you will get the variety of food you are use to in NYC. Good food in London is expensive.

You will either love it or hate it, I found most Canadians I met who moved there didn't last. The few that did last were usually females who came from small towns in Canada.

The things you've mentioned are definitely the biggest plusses for me, which is encouraging. Thanks! I might hit you up via PM for more advice, if you're OK with it.

London vs NYC - Nowak - 07-27-2017

Quote: (07-27-2017 02:35 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2017 02:11 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

Lol. Can you shed some light on your experiences and the differences you noticed? Culture, getting around, day/night game, diversity, good parts to live/hang out etc.

I'm also interested on your thoughts,I think London is better. More Euro chicks and better to have a European base for travel.

London vs NYC - Brodiaga - 07-27-2017

Delete

London vs NYC - Giacomo Casanova - 07-27-2017

London, besides its ups and downs, is always a great city for game; the big minus that comes in my mind is logistics, that's why I always suggest to be close to the main nightlife venues - in Camden Town or Shoreditch. Anyway it is the most diverse city in the world, you could literaly meet girls from every single country of the world. I was extremely successfull with South American and Spanish girls.

London vs NYC - Heart Break Kid - 07-27-2017

Why go to London to game foreign women when you live in New York? What's really different other than the change of scenery?

The UK will have more variety of European chicks, but not Latin or Asian (unless by Asian, you mean South Asian, if you mean East Asian then London isn't going to give you more of that).

Quote: (07-27-2017 10:17 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Why go to London to game foreign women when you live in New York? What's really different other than the change of scenery?

The UK will have more variety of European chicks, but not Latin or Asian (unless by Asian, you mean South Asian, if you mean East Asian then London isn't going to give you more of that).

Actually, change of scenery is kind of what I'm looking for after 5+ yrs in NYC.

The biggest draw is actually the travel options to all over Europe and it even brings Asia closer. The kind of stuff rudebwoy mentioned (traveling once a month to a different location in Europe each time) would be amazing.

That said, as a gamer of course I can't deny that the pussy situation is on my mind as well [Image: icon_razz.gif] Which is why ideally I hope that London doesn't disappoint in that department. NYC has been pretty good in that regard.

London vs NYC - Simeon_Strangelight - 07-28-2017

Londonistan has changed dramatically since then. Almost all London Daygamers have stopped approaching in London - they rather invest in cheap flights to EE, FSU and fuck girls there.

NYC is way better Game wise than London now.

London vs NYC - RichieP - 07-28-2017

Haha "Londonistan"... come on man!

I meet cool chicks out and about, and in cafes, shops etc regularly enough. If a guy has to fly away to FSU to daygame then he did not have much game to begin with, IMO!

I do agree NYC is somewhat better though, and more potential to connect with the 8+'s.

But London is still an awesome city with cool girls from all over the world. We are comparing two world class cities here, London has a ton of great girls, opportunities, amazing parties and niche scenes.

Downsides vs NYC I'd say is quality of girls and salaries. People say weather and housing costs, but IMO NYC is on a par there. Both cities have shitty winters and insane rents.

Depending on your industry you'll likely get paid less than in London, but also get more reasonable hours/vacation. Unless finance/corporate law etc in which case you may not get much relief.

London vs NYC - Rossi - 07-28-2017

Quote: (07-27-2017 02:35 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

I lived in New York 7 years, so comparing New York with London is totally useless in my opinion.

I mean, there was only positive things about London for me. One is that London have huge airports and they have great amount of cheap flights to almost anywhere in Europe. You can take off for a weekend and go somewhere. That's always a great advantage.

Second, since I am Italian, I watch football a lot and there's a lot of teams that play in football. So it's easy to blend in crowds due to football. I banged several chicks from Chelsea fans [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

Other than that, everything else sucks compared to New York. Plus, that British accent throws me off too. I happened to meet some Scottish and Scouse guys there, I barely understood %20 of what they're saying.

London vs NYC - Nowak - 07-28-2017

Quote: (07-28-2017 03:59 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Londonistan has changed dramatically since then. Almost all London Daygamers have stopped approaching in London - they rather invest in cheap flights to EE, FSU and fuck girls there.

NYC is way better Game wise than London now.

Curious about this ,be good if you could expand on this

I lived in London for a bit under a month and got amazing reception from hotties. How has it changed and since when have things been going down hill? I think Brexit will mess up the dating market but still enough Russians, Ukrainians and Asians to go around,no? Troy Francis still loves it ,but he's been there for a really long time.

London vs NYC - rudebwoy - 07-28-2017

Quote: (07-27-2017 10:41 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

The biggest draw is actually the travel options to all over Europe and it even brings Asia closer. The kind of stuff rudebwoy mentioned (traveling once a month to a different location in Europe each time) would be amazing.

You will love this aspect about London.

Where can you take a weekend trip every weekend from NYC?

Toronto, Montreal, DC, Miami, Vegas or maybe L.A. lol

Compare that to the list of places that are two hours away from London, too many to list here.
I did Stockholm for $100 return once and had the time of my life, in the winter time.

Ignore the race/religion comments, I don't base my opinions on what London daygamers are doing.

I was there 3 years ago, saw enough to make me consider moving back. The weather, food and a few other things have me hesitant.

London vs NYC - Pointer - 07-28-2017

For me going to a city to game foreign girls is quite possibly the most counter-productive thing you can do. Especially in a huge, expensive city like London. Foreign girls will always be a minority and not always top quality, better go to the ''source" [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (07-28-2017 07:00 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

I meet cool chicks out and about, and in cafes, shops etc regularly enough. If a guy has to fly away to FSU to daygame then he did not have much game to begin with, IMO!

I do agree NYC is somewhat better though, and more potential to connect with the 8+'s.

But London is still an awesome city with cool girls from all over the world. We are comparing two world class cities here, London has a ton of great girls, opportunities, amazing parties and niche scenes.

Downsides vs NYC I'd say is quality of girls and salaries. People say weather and housing costs, but IMO NYC is on a par there. Both cities have shitty winters and insane rents.

Depending on your industry you'll likely get paid less than in London, but also get more reasonable hours/vacation. Unless finance/corporate law etc in which case you may not get much relief.

London has a niche scene, but you go walk through any EE city and you have 50 times the options of slim hot young girls. Also you have access to the niche high-end London party scene where footballers meet the super-rich and they attract the models and celebrities? If you are in those shoes, then you don't need to approach via Daygame.

I don't see anyone here mentioning that he fucks London girls constantly. Picking up tourists is all fine and well, but they are not the majority in Londonistan.

London vs NYC - Nowak - 07-28-2017

Quote: (07-28-2017 03:45 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2017 07:00 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

London has a niche scene, but you go walk through any EE city and you have 50 times the options of slim hot young girls. Also you have access to the niche high-end London party scene where footballers meet the super-rich and they attract the models and celebrities? If you are in those shoes, then you don't need to approach via Daygame.

I don't see anyone here mentioning that he fucks London girls constantly. Picking up tourists is all fine and well, but they are not the majority in Londonistan.

New York is still better though? I'm not seeing this. Zel,what do you think about people like Troy Francis and other London daygamers? They are still based there

< They are - and they are fucking a lot of tourists and go to open swinger clubs and orgies.

Go through the cities across Europe - you see x-time the potential leads in EE cities.

But this is not the main point of OP - he wants to make decent money first now. If you have to work for your cash and don't have a good job, are independently well-off then living and working in Western Europe is at least financially more rewarding for most jobs. Pussy-wise not so much except for a few rare exceptions - being an insider into the London-model high-end scene does not count. Guys who can fuck 50 models a year in Milan don't count either.

London vs NYC - Kieran - 07-29-2017

There's always negativity about London on here but the reality is it hasn't changed anymore than anywhere else in the world has, and is still one of my favourite cities in the world for game. I don't do day game though other than day time parties like carnival but that might as well be night game (just don't have time, and I love nightlife anyway so I don't see the point). The one guy that's always one of the most negative about it (Giama) posted the other day about how he's got a stable of a load of girls including an 8 model - sounds like he's doing okay to me.

London vs NYC - Orson - 07-29-2017

Going OT for a post -- I've gotta tell ya rudebwoy, I really enjoy your new web site!

It's got a great deal of creative style sense - both visually and written.

Take for example, this headline: "How to Bang Bad Babes in Barbados." YEAH, I'm a sucker for alliteration, I'll admit. But it rings out the hard truth we seek, and saying it rolls out of the mouth with pleasure. Great combos!

I hope your effort catches fire.

Quote: (07-28-2017 09:54 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2017 10:41 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

You will love this aspect about London.

Where can you take a weekend trip every weekend from NYC?

Toronto, Montreal, DC, Miami, Vegas or maybe L.A. lol

Compare that to the list of places that are two hours away from London, too many to list here.
I did Stockholm for $100 return once and had the time of my life, in the winter time.

Ignore the race/religion comments, I don't base my opinions on what London daygamers are doing.

I was there 3 years ago, saw enough to make me consider moving back. The weather, food and a few other things have me hesitant.

London vs NYC - Vicious - 07-29-2017

Seriously since when has the PUA scene ever been a good measure of how viable a city is? The year is 2017 and we are unironically talking about "daygamers"?

London vs NYC - Que enspastic - 07-29-2017

I was out in Covent Garden last night (Roadhouse). Sick night , plenty of cute girls , very approachable and international.

The only real drawback to London is logistics which is a function of the sheer expensiveness of real estate.

I imagine it's the same in Manhattan.

It's one thing to have a great night out at a venue, it's another to have your own pad nearby.

Most People do Not Have This.

London vs NYC - jselysianeagle - 07-29-2017

Quote: (07-29-2017 08:54 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

The only real drawback to London is logistics which is a function of the sheer expensiveness of real estate.

I imagine it's the same in Manhattan.

It's one thing to have a great night out at a venue, it's another to have your own pad nearby.

Most People do Not Have This.

Actually logistics is very rarely an issue in Manhattan. It's incredibly tiny, most of the great nightlife areas are within 10-15 mins of each other and you can actually walk between them. London is quite a bit more spread out so there it definitely matters, I think.

London vs NYC - Que enspastic - 07-29-2017

If people can afford to live near great nightlife areas then Manhattan wins hands down, don't even need to go there.

Logistics is huge in how I rate a city.